• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for advice - need seats

Ntheis

Loc.
Nelson, WI
Can anyone provide some tips on what types/brands of front seats would work for my 70 bronco wagon. Looking for an aftermarket that looks similar to the original seats. I have the original back seat. Very new to this forum and Broncos in general as I just inherited this and hoping to fix it up a bit.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I have 1987 BroncoII seats in my they don't look like the org. But i didn't want anything that looked like the org.
& I'd had 2 BroncoII's.. & I drove them for about 400K MILES.& They were comfortable .
& They are small & thin enough to not add Bulk in the creature compartment.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome, and congrats on your inheritance. I bought my seats from Toms Bronco Parts.
Check out all the vendors to see what they have.
Also, become a contributor so you can post pics on the threads you post or anty thread you comment on. Its 12 dollars and helps with keeping the site going.

frenchy

tommyg

Contributor
Dumb question as I'm long overdue...i'm sure it's right in front of my face, but is there a quick link to become a contributor? Thx.

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27815

This is one of the most common questions on the forums: How do you post a picture? Below are the 2 basic choices.

Option 1 - Become a site Contributor
For $12 a year you can upgrade your forum membership to "Contributor" which includes photo uploads directly from your computer, not to mention helping support the site. Read this thread for instructions or click here to signup.

Option 2 - Use a free photo host or your ISP

1. Free Picture Hosting sites that allow "remote linking" - Here are just a few examples: http://photobucket.com , http://imageshack.us , http://www.flickr.com

2. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) - Most ISP's include some free web space with your paid internet account. So if you're using an ISP like Cox, Earthlink, MSN, Sprint, etc. then you probably already have free space just waiting for you to use it. Check with your ISP for more info on how to access your web space and upload files.

OK, so my picture is on the web. Now what?
Once you have your picture online you need to find it's URL (web address). If you surf to your picture on your web space then right click on the picture, a menu comes up. Go down to "Properties" and left click on that and it will show you a bunch of info including the Address (URL). Highlight the entire address, right click and select copy. This is what you'll need to show your picture in the forums.

Now go into the forums and post or reply to the message that you want to show the picture in. Right above where you type the message body are some gray buttons. Click the IMG button. A window will pop up. Type in the URL of or right click and select paste.

Can I post a picture from my computer?
No. The picture has to be already on the web somewhere. (The exception is that Contributors can upload photos directly. See option 1 above.)

That's about it. If anyone can think of anything to add please post it. (But please don't use this thread to test your pictures. Start a new topic in "Test and Help" for that)

MS73HD302

I love my Procar high back classics from Wild Horses. Look time correct and you get a head rest. I went with Grey Vinyl. Easy install to boot

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I love my Procar high back classics from Wild Horses. Look time correct and you get a head rest. I went with Grey Vinyl. Easy install to boot

Can you post a link or picture? I am also interested in how how they sit on the slides (if your using slides)

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I have BMW E46 seats. Love them!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200211_162453678.jpg
    IMG_20200211_162453678.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 62

AZ73

Bronco Guru
I have BMW E46 seats. Love them!!

Interesting. I planned on putting those in, and purchased a set. On the test fit I found they caused me to sit too high even in the lowest position. I just swapped them out for Tom's, but I'm having those redone in leather and putting a heating unit in them.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Interesting. I planned on putting those in, and purchased a set. On the test fit I found they caused me to sit too high even in the lowest position. I just swapped them out for Tom's, but I'm having those redone in leather and putting a heating unit in them.

I have some BMW power seats as well. Since I'm 6'5", and have to rebuild the body anyway, I'm thinking of lowering the drivers side so that they will work.

RM70

Contributor
Loc.
Huntsville, AL
I have some BMW power seats as well. Since I'm 6'5", and have to rebuild the body anyway, I'm thinking of lowering the drivers side so that they will work.

Almost did that so my mustang seats would fit. Ended up having to toss out the seat track setup they had and making a stock set work. Gave me about 3 more inches of room.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Stock seats with the passenger side fold down function is best. you need to access rear seats and not have passengers climb in from the back or between the front seat to get it your wagon..
Something to consider.. I'm putting in stock passengers seat back in my rigs because of the fold down feature. Something that I really missed that function after putting in after market seats. I split a pair of Corbeau RS seats so I can use it as a single driver's seat in 2 broncos and will use a stock passenger seat.