• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for pictures of ORIGINAL 1976 Bronco

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Guys - hopefully someone can help me out. I've tried the search function but must not be very good at it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some detailed photos of either an all original or accurately restored '76 EB? Mine was just the stock Bronco, no fancy Ranger or Explorer or Sport options. Whilst debating all the work I'm planning to mine, I'd like to be able to compare to OEM equipment to help in my decision making.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Check out My Gallery. The red 76 is the lowest mileage and original Bronco around, only 1700 miles. I have a lot of detailed pictures of it, but unfortunately I am in the process of moving and building a new house right now and cannot access all of the pictures that I have. The link below has some pictures of the Bronco when it first came out of storage.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57689

OP
OP
Fireball05

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Guys, thanks to all for the replies and links. Very helpful!

Some really nice builds you guys have done, and great looking trucks. I'm a few years and a few thousand dollars away from that, but you know what they say about the tortoise and the hare!

Thanks again.

OP
OP
Fireball05

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Big pit - any chance you have a pic of an original looking engine bay and one of the rear diff breather setup ? I just installed a crush washer at the fitting and a hose up into the frame but was curious what the oem setup looked like.

Thanks!!

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Check out My Gallery. The red 76 is the lowest mileage and original Bronco around, only 1700 miles. I have a lot of detailed pictures of it, but unfortunately I am in the process of moving and building a new house right now and cannot access all of the pictures that I have. The link below has some pictures of the Bronco when it first came out of storage.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57689

I tried posting this on the original thread but it's closed. Sorry but I have to ask as I'm not aware but what happened to this bronco? Did he fix all the issues? Still has it?

Thx

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
I believe clarrance still has it, but I'm not sure. I have pictures of the engine bay and rear vent arrangement but I don't see the link to upload them to this post.

OP
OP
Fireball05

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I believe clarrance still has it, but I'm not sure. I have pictures of the engine bay and rear vent arrangement but I don't see the link to upload them to this post.

As the thread starter, do I have to activate that link somehow to allow you to post photos?

If it's just an issue of not being a contributor and not being able to post photos, you can email them to me and I'll post them up.

ben at round-here dot com

Thanks!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Check out my 76 in my Garage. It's not completly stock original but pretty close. Rear flares, half ton springs up front and 33"s on wagon wheels.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I tried posting this on the original thread but it's closed. Sorry but I have to ask as I'm not aware but what happened to this bronco? Did he fix all the issues? Still has it?

Thx

I sold it a couple years ago to a wealthy guy from New York, who owed the largest privately owned ranch in the U.S. The ranch was originally owned by the Ford Family. The ranch was equipped with all older Ford equipment. (Broncos, trucks, tractors, etc.) at the time I sold it to him he was replacing all the vehicles on the ranch with as close to N.O.S. vehicles he could find. (I did not know this until after I sold it to him). To my knowledge he sent the Bronco to the Switchback Ranch in Rosco, MT and turned it loose for the cowboys who run the ranch. Made me sick when I found this out. Shortly after the sale David Lueshen the owner of the ranch was charged with some kind of investment fraud (pyramid scheme) the ranch was apparently split up and sold off into smaller ranches. I have no idea what happened to the Bronco after that.

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
I sold it a couple years ago to a wealthy guy from New York, who owed the largest privately owned ranch in the U.S. The ranch was originally owned by the Ford Family. The ranch was equipped with all older Ford equipment. (Broncos, trucks, tractors, etc.) at the time I sold it to him he was replacing all the vehicles on the ranch with as close to N.O.S. vehicles he could find. (I did not know this until after I sold it to him). To my knowledge he sent the Bronco to the Switchback Ranch in Rosco, MT and turned it loose for the cowboys who run the ranch. Made me sick when I found this out. Shortly after the sale David Lueshen the owner of the ranch was charged with some kind of investment fraud (pyramid scheme) the ranch was apparently split up and sold off into smaller ranches. I have no idea what happened to the Bronco after that.

WOW! I started reading and I was thinking cool story....then I get to the twist and realize its probably in bad shape now and used and abused.:cry:

Thanks for the response though. Much appreciated.

69marquisragtop

Loc.
Roanoke, VA
Wow! The Spirit of 76's life didn't get started until it was over 30 years old and it might have been short lived!

Fireball: you have email.

OP
OP
Fireball05

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Guys - does anyone have photos of the underside of the passenger seat, taken with it folded up? My Bronco came with a mustang or seat from something else. Luckily they had reused the OEM mount brackets, so I was able to take them off and pick up a seat from Delconick.

Got it home and trying to sort it out, and it appears I'm either missing the bracket that hooks into the floor loop to hold the seat back in place, or I got a driver side seatback by mistake.

Also, there are two holes in the rear of the bottom seat area. They don't attach to the floor obviously, so I wonder what they are for? Maybe rubber bumpers?

Thanks!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That is called a footman's loop...

Attachments

• seatlatch 001.JPG
    seatlatch 001.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 24
  • seatlatch 002.JPG
    seatlatch 002.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 21
  • seatlatch 004.JPG
    seatlatch 004.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Fireball05

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I got a footman's loop as well, the part that mounts to the floor.

I appear to be missing the metal bracket that is part of the seat back that attaches to the footman's loop.

Are the driver and pass side seatbacks identical other than that bracket that you have posted in photo 2?

Thanks for the quick help!!!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That is the major difference...as far as I know...I guess you can put that latch to a dr.'s side seat sence they both work off the chrome lever on the side.

I've never did it,but someone on he may have..I will look at mine later and see..

OP
OP
Fireball05

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it. Looks like I may have gotten a driver side seat back.

Am I correct that the single bracket holds the seat back in position, and the seat tied to the floor? i.e. when you push forward on the back of the passenger seat, it should not move forward unless you pull on the chrome handle?

If you can send a picture of the seat folded up toward the dash too, that would be super.

Thanks!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Ok be right back with the pix...Back...don't know yet what order the pix came up but one is the driver side and you see the latch catch on it .

Attachments

• latch 001.jpg
    latch 001.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 33
  • latch 002.jpg
    latch 002.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 26
  • latch 003.jpg
    latch 003.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 25
  • latch 004.jpg
    latch 004.jpg