• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Low Pressure external EFI pump recomendations

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Currently carb'd, but heading to EFI. My P4070 is dead quiet. I've no concerns with it being to keep up with my mild 351.

AZ69EB

Timmy390,

I also run a 2 into 1 exhaust on the passenger side. I run all my fuel lines on the drivers side to reduce heat from boiling the fuel causing a vapor lock issues. Good luck with your EFI install. Just remember it's a Bronco, if you don't have to do it twice something is wrong your plan. LOL

TonyPDX

Contributor
Timmy390,

I also run a 2 into 1 exhaust on the passenger side. I run all my fuel lines on the drivers side to reduce heat from boiling the fuel causing a vapor lock issues. Good luck with your EFI install. Just remember it's a Bronco, if you don't have to do it twice something is wrong your plan. LOL

Good point Timmy, I did the same thing.

OP
OP
Timmy390

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Well....

I do have true dual exhaust and did run my hard lines on the D side. The closest the feed/pressure line will be is 5.5 inches from the exhaust and that's up just in front of the cross member well in front of the HP pump near the tank.

After 20 years of Bronco ownership I know first hand what works for one don't work for the next...LOL One pump just makes my life easier but I'm sure I'll have to run two because nothing Bronco related has come easy for me ever......

If the single pump don't work I'll run the Carter P4070 which appears to be the same pump as the AC DelcoEP247 or very close to it. Both are rotary fuel pumps best I can tell.

Tim

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I'm become convinced that a significant amount of modern vapor lock problems come from the fuel being formulated for EFI and not from heat sources. Not that heat sources can't give you grief too, we are dealing with Mr. Murphy after all.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Watch out for that Murphy guy - I owe him a beating or two...