• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LOWERING my Bronco

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Good eye Ben, he sure did and put the mirrors there. As soon as I get my doors back from Saddleup I am going to be working on eliminating the vent windows in a similar fashion. I have been trying to find the best looking mirror to work.

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
Someone posted this EB a long time ago when I was posting over at BroncoII.org I'm not sure what all they used to swap in the IFS but it looks like they did a good job.
p1010210.jpg

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Lop off the front frame section and put a roll pan on the front of that would make a big difference. When is someone finally going to make a piece to finish off the lower grille section for those with body lifts, would look perfect on those and this one!

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is something I am working on. ;D It's just a drawing.....for now.;)

Attachments

• CUSTOM VALANCE.jpg
    CUSTOM VALANCE.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I picked up a brand new Ford Racing T5 Heavy Duty "Z" 5 speed. Now...should I stick with this tranny and a rebuild of my original '68 302, or go with a low mileage '89 HO 5.0....or as someone earlier suggested, stuff in a 4.6 GT motor? Well guys, what do YOU think?

NYLES

Bronco Guru
You gonna drop it?....Id love to see it dropped chopped tubbed....BUT I wanna see a big nasty nitrous fogged blown big block sticking up outa there...so big you cant put a hood on it! 800hp minimum...4.6 HuMmpp!! girly mordern day V8 wanna be motor!

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mustang II front end. Big bearing rear with power discs. BRAND NEW 4.6 DOHC 32 valve V8 w/approximately 290 HP and 22 MPG. Motor pic below.

Attachments

• 4.6 DOHC.jpg
    4.6 DOHC.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 533

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
hey great guy check with fatmans http://www.fatmanfab.com/products.htm
the early cars were pretty narrow in the frame he may a cross member that will work the aftermarket frontend cross members work great if the ride height is not right you can lower it even further with square tubing on top of the frame rails when you call them you will need the width of your frame i dont think they show a crossmember for the bronco but i would call them we have done a bunch of street rods (pre 49)

stretchstick

Why dont you dump the D44 and replace it with a Mustang II front end. Is is just for show? Or do you want to be able to flog it around on the track?

I've thought about doin this with an EB. Narrow the nine or dump in a 60 with a big block. One hell of an original straight track runner!!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
I was thinkin more like this.......I know its a Cheby! but its the right color....

Last edited:

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
great guy,thats going to be sweet! are you going to install the mustang 2 front end yourself? using one from another car?or buy a kit from a manufactuer?

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
Ive seen drawings of slammed broncos but not on a real one. That half cab looks Bitchin!
I bet it would look great if the top was chopped about 3-4 inches!

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
That all depends on how complicated and how much you want to spend. I have a 4.6 DOHC out of a 94 markvlll I was thinking about putting it in my 71 but don't know if I want to spend the 4 grand rebuilding it and adapting it. Then again itll be worth a hell of a lot more then a 302. HMMMMMM

scotts77

Loc.
Marietta, GA
------here's a nice one,,,,,hated it a first even though I'm only a stocker height wise & not a boulder crawler,,,,,but I like it more every time I look at it,,,,,,,I personally like mine at stock height for excellent handling with the capabilty to keep going over the curb when the pavement ends,,,,

OMG!!! That is freakin' BADD AZZ. ..........Let's see tomorrows to-do list
1. Get dressed for work
2. Call into work and tell them I can't make it because I'm looking for a half cab to do that too.

Attachments

• EBslammed-01.jpg
    EBslammed-01.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,211