• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lowering my early Bronco "69" HELP!

DrewPalmerr04

Loc.
Christopher, Illinois
I am wondering how to lower my bronco 3" in the front. ?:? I know that in the back I can just buy a block kit, and mount it backwards. But the front is my problem. I don't know what to do. P-L-E-A-S-E help! Email me at:<br>Love_Machine31@hotmail.com or palmrz@mychoice.net<br><br> ;DReally wanting to do this, and I have seen it done in pictures. Please tell me where to get started. Thanks.... ;D<br><br><br> Drew Palmer

G

[quote author=DrewPalmerr04 link=board=5;threadid=8713;start=0#62090 date=1031098361]<br> I am wondering how to lower my bronco 3" in the front. ?:? I know that in the back I can just buy a block kit, and mount it backwards. But the front is my problem. I don't know what to do. P-L-E-A-S-E help! Email me at:<br>Love_Machine31@hotmail.com or palmrz@mychoice.net<br><br> ;DReally wanting to do this, and I have seen it done in pictures. Please tell me where to get started. Thanks.... ;D<br><br>You have got to be kidding!!! Who in there right mind would want to "lower" the front end of an E.B.??? Do the classic a favor and sell it before you ruin it....<br><br><br> Drew Palmer<br>[/quote]

halfcab73

Loc.
belmont, ca
try and find out from james duff, they had a baddd asss lowered sand dragger on one of their ancient catalogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Drew, do you live in South-Central? YOU DON'T LOWER EB's. And no-<br> hydraulics will not work with solid axles...

jasondemitri

Loc.
tacoma, wa
actually, hydro's will work with solid axle's. you just wont be able to get three wheel motion, which as we all know, doesnt matter in the eb world!

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
You could cut and reweld the coil bucket higher up, which would in effect lower the front end, but again I wouldn't do that to an EB. Also you could just put heat to the coils while they are under load until they begin to droop...that's a cheap and dangerous way for a small drop (2-3" max). I guess you could also weld a few storage boxes under the hood and put a few hundred pounds of lead or sand in them...then that thing would sag down like a pair of 80-year-old breasts ;D

Do yourself a favor and sell the Bronco and buy a 88-98 single cab short bed chevy, 5/7 beltech drop with some budnik 22's and pirelli Z-rated tires.

bent70

Loc.
san francisco
Id adapt 2wd suspension to the front and do the block thing for the back.<br>You can send the front axle to me I can put it to use. ;D

66horse

Bronco Guru
Drew, Welcome. I see with 7 posts that you are a newbie. I just wanted to step in real quick before you got to much backlash about lowering. Everybody here is real helpful but there are a few things that people get a little cranky about - lowering broncos, euro taillights, etc...<br><br>Just trying to say dont get discouraged by some of the responses you are getting, everybody is really cool and will help you out on way more stuff than they will give you shit about.<br><br>As far doing your project - I have no clue. Good Luck ;D Post pictures when you get it done.

Benzo

Loc.
SF Bay Area
Hopefully your bronco has too high a lift. If you want to lower something, please get a different vehicle to do it to. I know broncos are cool and it's nice being different, but you already have a bronco. I have seen prostreet race broncos and lowered in the projects broncos, they just take away form the vehicle. Eveyone is entitled to their opinion and it's your bronco. If you do anything and have no lift, stick 33's under it, cut the fenders a bit and it would be stuffed.

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
cut the coils :eek:.(or buy lowering springs for an f-150).for the rear you cannot just put lowering blocks in cause the axle sits under the spring.try ranger or some other lowering spring for the rear or swap the spring perch to mount the axle over the rear springs ;). (IMO-if done right an uncut lowered bronco looks sic! ;D)

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Im with sicaz... I think lowering one would be cool and have thought about doing if after i finish my off-road bronco. An uncut slamed rear would look sweet if ya cut some slots in it so you can see the rim and the fender at the same time ) For the front, if your going to do it right, ditch the D33 and try and fab a mustang front end suspention on there. Many people do this on there old ford and chevy trucks. Post pics, but if your not going to do it right then dont do it. People hate lowered broncos, people spit on lowered broncos that look like shit. Toss some 23s on there and lower it a little will look cool also. Oh you could also kinda half ass the front with an air bag setup where the spring is.

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
[quote author=1FINE69 link=board=5;threadid=8713;start=15#62275 date=1031130528]<br>For the front, if your going to do it right, ditch the D33 and try and fab a mustang front end suspention on there. Many people do this on there old ford and chevy trucks. [/quote]<br><br>A Mustang 2 front end.

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
Do it man but don't hack it up The EB has some of the coolest lines of any truck It'll be ScWWWWeeeeeTTTTTT<br>if done right.<br> Peace

G

for the front end, you might want to try a dropped axle like the ones that are used in the hod rod world. you could find the correct diameter and length then weld on some axle wedges and trac bar mount. this would keep your bronco pretty stock for future projects or resale.