• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

man. tranny swap?

75_Bronco

Loc.
Arlington, Tx
hey forum!<br>any of you guys know how to do a swap from my 3spd auto tranny to a man. 3 or 4spd? i have no idea how to go about this so any help would be awesome. <br>my specs<br>1975 Bronco<br>ford 302<br>d20 transfer case<br>----------------------------thanks guys and keep up the good work! <br>Paul<><

rstgermaine

Yeah-drive it out here to Az and I'll give you a three speed manual set-up in exchange for your auto set-up. Seriously though, swapping is straight forward once you have all the parts. There is no man trans that will bolt to your auto adapter so either get a three speed setup or spring for one from Advanced Adapter. The first thing you need to do is figure out what tranny you want and then go from there. If you do decide to go with a stock 3sp, the offer stands for you to come here and I'll swap it for you - just let me know!

OP
OP

75_Bronco

Loc.
Arlington, Tx
hey thanks for the valuable info!!!<br>do you have suggestions on which tranny to go with??? what parts do i need to get?<br>thanks!<br>Paul<><

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Check out the tranny guide to the left in the tech section. It lists all the pros and cons of the most popular manual tranny swaps. I'm running the NP435 and love it. One of the best mods I've done. If you do a lot of highway driving, go with the NV4500 or the Ford ZF.

G

Anyone have any luck with a T-18 swap? Looks like I might need to replace the front driveshaft? I would rather have a NP235 but I am having trouble finding the right one and at an affordable price.

jonylost

Loc.
Dallas, Tx
[quote author=75_Bronco link=board=5;threadid=10816;start=0#79327 date=1036195740]<br>hey thanks for the valuable info!!!<br>do you have suggestions on which tranny to go with??? what parts do i need to get?<br>thanks!<br>Paul<><<br>[/quote]<br><br>NP435 with out a doubt!! Easy, (probably) no dirveline mods, fairly easy to find........ect ect ect.......I wouldn't have anything else in my beast...... :p<br><br>Mike

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Remember now that you only had 2 pedals with the auto. You're going to need a clutch pedal set-up with all the linkages that go with a standard trans.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
New clutch with a flywheel too, Bell housing with the clutch fork, new throwout bearing and pilot bearing.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
It's going to be a lot cheaper to get all of the parts at junkyards, but if cost isn't a concern to you Wild Horses actually sells a complete conversion kit with all of the necessary parts. I don't know if they have it listed on their website, but I know it is in their printed one. Website: www.wildhorses4x4.com