• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy: Front Disc Conversion Dana 30 & 44

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Guys,

I'm going to work on a front disc brake kit. Is there any interest in a mass buy? What price do you expect for the complete kit; banjo bolts, spindles, backing plates, brgs., hoses, loaded calipers, master cylinders, proportioning valves, etc...??? I saw a kit that went for $455 last week without cylinder and prop. valves. Who would be interested? How much?

Last edited:

yak67

Bronco Guru
Raleigh your awesome for doing this. I'd say $350-400. I want to commit, but not sure yet. I would need to know the final price before I did. Let me know.

thanks,
Tim

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I may be interested. Sounds like a good xmas present for my dad's 1970 with the D30 front end. Post the final details and price for late comers to join in.

JFX

I'm in if it can be done for around $400.00 shipped.;)

JFX

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
4 bills shipped I'd be in too!
I notice his 44 kit has a buy it now for just under $200, but I don't think it has as much stuff.

66horse

Bronco Guru
THis is basically the chevy conversion. Which is a good conversion. I ran it on my 30 and swapped it ove to my 44 when i put it in.

One thing I will say, is go ahead and change your bearings when you install this.

And good luck, disc brakes rock!

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
I'm interested if the price is right. I think that $350 range sounded good. Is this a personal guy or is it a business?

cigar_pirate

sounds good

I am in if you can get the kit, plus master cylinder. plus shipping 450.00. Call me @ 940-594-3088 once you get it put together to arrange payment.

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
I would be interested if we could get it for $400 shipped. Can any one else chime in on the quailty of this kit. Would this be a deal to jump on. Thanks 69sport

Landshark

Loc.
California
Now I have to wonder, I'm seeing people say, 250, 300, 400 shipped. He sells them for "buy it now" 185. Why would you pay
a lot more than what he's asking? Also this kit is far from a
complete kit, you do need other items to make it work.
Just curious.

Landshark

Loc.
California
Landshark said:
Now I have to wonder, I'm seeing people say, 250, 300, 400 shipped. He sells them for "buy it now" 185. Why would you pay
a lot more than what he's asking? Also this kit is far from a
complete kit, you do need other items to make it work.
Just curious.

I stand corrected, he has more than one style of conversions,
my bad.

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
raleigh_bronco said:
Guys,

I have been in discussions with the disc brake guy on ebay, who only has 2 negative responses and those were basically bogus. Here is a mass buy where we get to tell the vendor what we think is a fair price for his products!!! These types of buys RARELY come along, if ever. I only need 2 other participants to commit for this to be a 'go', but will take everyone that definitely wants to participate. This mass buy is immediate for the first 2 guys that sign up, and for those that straggle with your decision there will be a delayed mass buy order placed in the near future. So, lets discuss what we think should be a fair price for the following kit: (He'll also add the master cylinder & proportional valve if interested). By the way, this kit is currently for sale on Ebay and it has been bidded up to $455.00

--------------------------------------------------------------
This front Disc Brake Kit works great on any Bronco, 66-75. It is ready to bolt on, and easier and cheaper to do than some other kits which involves changing your knuckles, ball joints and tie rods. Your Bronco's stock front wheel bearings, spindle nuts and lock-out hubs will all work with this kit. ALSO, you can install this Disc Kit on a dana 30, and if you up grade to a dana 44 you can just transfer it over!

This auction is offered with 2 new take-off Spindles, the bearing surfaces are in excellent condition. Also included are 2 new take-off Caliper Mounts. This Disc Kit now comes with Steel Braided brake hoses, D.O.T. certified. THIS SET INCLUDES: Easy to follow INSTRUCTION Guide, 2 Brand NEW precision machined & balanced HUB&ROTORS, made in USA, 5x5.5 stock bolt pattern with new bearing races factory installed, and 2 factory-rebuilt, 100% tested CALIPERS with all new parts including new pistons, and 2 take-off CALIPER MOUNTS, and 2 new take-off SPINDLES (Dana/Spicer), and a new set of Semi-Metallic Disc Brake PADS, and 2 new Steel Braided BRAKE HOSES, and 4 new caliper GUIDE PINS, 2 new BANJO BOLTS w/crush washers, 12 Spindle MOUNTING BOLTS and Lock Washers, assorted hardware, 1 can of PREMIUM disc brake Grease, and all new OIL SEALS.

REMEMBER, with this Kit you do NOT need to change your Knuckles, Ball Joints and Tie Rods. This Disc Conversion Kit comes complete with All the necessary Hardware and Instructions. Let me know if you have any questions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I would say that $300-$400 is too much to pay for these parts. The only parts you can't find at a place like autozone are the spindles, caliper brackets and brake lines and you could get those for about $100-$150 total used. I would say if this kit were under $250 it would be worth it.

OP
OP
raleigh_bronco

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
MASS BUY UPDATE

I wanted to give you guys an update on where I stand with a couple vendors. Please let me know if you are still interested. BTW, these same kits are going for $600+ with all the other vendors.

Deal #1:
Tom's Bronco Parts has offered their brand new disc brake kit for $520 plus shipping. Every piece is brand new & also includes the oil seals, steel braded hoses, bolts, hubs, rotors, spindles, loaded calipers, backing plates, etc. *Must use Warn hub locks with this kit: Premiums $79, Standard $69. Proportioning valve is not included; probably not necessary if you aren't running power brake set up.

Deal #2:
The guy on ebay, Horsepower Sales has offered $535.00 plus shipping. He will also sell the Master cyl. and Prop. valve for $41.00 each. The kit includes; 2 new take-off Spindles, the bearing surfaces are in excellent condition. Also included are 2 new take-off Caliper Mounts. This Disc Kit now comes with Steel Braided brake hoses, D.O.T. certified. THIS SET INCLUDES: Easy to follow INSTRUCTION Guide, 2 Brand NEW precision machined & balanced HUB&ROTORS, made in USA, 5x5.5 stock bolt pattern with new bearing races factory installed, and 2 factory-rebuilt, 100% tested CALIPERS with all new parts including new pistons, and 2 take-off CALIPER MOUNTS, and 2 new take-off SPINDLES (Dana/Spicer), and a new set of Semi-Metallic Disc Brake PADS, and 2 new Steel Braided BRAKE HOSES, and 4 new caliper GUIDE PINS, 2 new BANJO BOLTS w/crush washers, 12 Spindle MOUNTING BOLTS and Lock Washers, assorted hardware, 1 can of PREMIUM disc brake Grease, and all new OIL SEALS.