• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - STC Soft Top & More

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Randy called me yesterday and left a message. He stated that my top was shipped and gave me a tracking number for it. It showed up today... Box is to big for me to lift up the stairs to get it inside. Can't wait to get it on.

thedirtyneck

Loc.
Blacksburg/Charlotts
How are we doing as far as completed orders? Im still waiting at this point.

Randy, not sure if you are still checking in here but I'll call you when i get off work today.

Brian Webster

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
I just called STC... The tops are all ready. They are missing the aluminium risers and they won't be in until late next week and then the tops will ship out after that...

That is a real bummer but the guy at STC was real nice and he felt bad about it. Apparently, it's a sub-contractors fault.

I asked him if he would ship the top without the riser since I have a new one from a bikini top kit I ordered last year for my 74. He said they could and that they would ship the riser later but he told me that you need a new style riser, whatever that means...

I am not blaming anybody or pointing fingers, but it just makes me wonder... If I were in buissiness and I got a big contract, I'd would make it happen. I can understand STC's position, being dependant on a sub-contractor but then again, if said sub-contractor screwed up, I would do buisseness somewhere else. I mean, how many risers for EB can they be making over a 30 days period???

Sorry for the rant, I feel better now...

Jeff

cc

Loc.
eugene, oregon
I just called STC today to and they told me the same thing, but he said that my top might ship tomorrow--it just depends on when they get that aluminum in. Man the weather is sooooo nice here I want my top bad!!!! I really hope that I get it soon. How many other people are waiting on their top still??? I wasnt even one of the last people to order and I still havent gotten it.

On a lighter note thanks to all of you people that put in the work to get this mass buy going, it saved a lot of people a lot of money!!!!;D

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can anyone chime in on this? I placed my order (checked with Randy and he said it was all good), but have not seen any amount put onto my credit card. Those of you who haven't received your tops yet...have your cards been billed? Are they to be charged as they are sent to us?Let me know.

Thanks Much,

Blue71

icecream man

Loc.
Colorado
I'm waiting on mine however I didn't place the order until the 29th. I believe I was second or third from the last in line.

Last week STC told me I could pick it up this Thursday.

Regardless, with all the cash we saved we can buy plenty of patience.

thedirtyneck

Loc.
Blacksburg/Charlotts
Blue I have not been charged either. I placed my order on the 30th so i guess im after you as well. atleast some updates would be nice.

and montreal I understand your rant and i agree. You wouldnt think it would take this long to get the pieces, and if it takes the subcontractor that long i personally would look somewhere else, but its not my company.

We are saving a good amount on the tops, and delayed gratification should make this worthwhile in the long run. it is just frustrating at this point.

Brian

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
Called STC again... I'm having them ship me the top without the riser, I have one from the bikini top kit I bought last year. If you have a riser, you can have them ship the top to you and they will give you a call when the new risers ship out...

Jeff

thedirtyneck

Loc.
Blacksburg/Charlotts
MontrealBronco said:
He said they could and that they would ship the riser later but he told me that you need a new style riser, whatever that means...

Jeff

so what was the deal with the new style riser that is holding things up? It seems like it is not even necessary if you can use your old one.

Brian

MontrealBronco

Loc.
Montreal, Quebec
Well, I don't know. I'll use my old one. Apparently, it's not that the riser is a new style that's holding things up, it's the manufacturer that's not making them fast enough...

I still don't get why they told me "new style riser". Mine works with a old snap top and will work with the new top so...

Jeff

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I'm not sure if this a new thing but concerning the risers. I have a old riser that had washers welded into it. The new one I got with my stop had adjustable things in t instead of fixed washers. This might be the change or I might have had a ancient riser as I bought it on Ebay a century or so ago.

The washers make holes for the window seling frames thingees to go into.

icecream man

Loc.
Colorado
Just got off the phone with STC. Top is ready just like they said it would be over a week ago. Picking it up during lunch today.

This week just got better....

icecream man

Loc.
Colorado
When I picked mine up yesterday there were at least three boxes waiting for the UPS guy. Hopefully that'll be all of them.

Now for the install!