• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Confusion Build. After 2 1/2 years It started!!

1badbronc

Loc.
plymouth
ya who its me po yup still on dial up lol i will work on getting you guys some pics. i am so happy to see that bronc go to someone who is going to fix it i really had some plans for that bronco i am here for the long haul i havent been on this site in over two years i frequntly visit one of those other early bronco sites good to be back

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
;D
i will get some pics i the gallery but it might take while to download them

Hey Russ! Probably be quicker if I drive up there snap a few then drive back home, eat some lunch, take a shower, check my dog for ticks, then post them for you!;D Just kiddin' ya! I guess all that privacy has it's one draw back. Good to see you on here! I will keep you posted on the Mass Casualty. Check back often!

Tasker, rib him about going to BYOB, Will ya? I am going to make a shirt with a picture of the MC in pieces and under it's going to say "Wish I was here!" and wear it to BYOB.

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru

Attachments

• bronco_0161.jpg
    bronco_0161.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 174
  • bronco_0255.jpg
    bronco_0255.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 160
  • bronco_0303.jpg
    bronco_0303.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 186

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I havent been on this site in over two years i frequntly visit one of those other early bronco sites good to be back

Thats a very nice ride, but one question, Is there any other Early bronco site?????

Me thinks not ;D

Hey if you guys are going to BYOB we can meet up in my area and convoy there

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Did a little more work tonight while the kids were behaving themselves. Took out the PS floor pan. Was a tough go, there were three layers in a few spots of pan. Original, repair, and repair of the repair. Also took out the PS Kick. Not much of the original metal going to be left!

Attachments

• Photo369.jpg
    Photo369.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Finally got back to work on the Mass Casualty

After a business trip, then my wife's dance recital (I do the lights, sound and video) and getting the pool up and going, I finally got some time to devote to the Mass Casualty. Got out this week and unbolted, ..I mean cut through the body mounts. Wow, what a PITA. Got it off and rolled out the frame, blew it off. Then went back in the garage and inspected the bottom. And by inspecting, I mean I laid on my back and looked through the rust holes. Took the taillights off. I still have one more body mount bolt to undo, but just ran out of steam.

The big decision now is if I go ahead and cut to the front of the bed and trash everything forward. Upside - all new metal, down side-very expensive, and possible alignment problems. :p It will really screw up my budget and I want to get it right. I am really leaning to patching and replacing in a couple years. Don't want it being in the garage for years "working on it" I am itchin to get it driving.

The wife came out and snapped a couple of pics on the progress

Attachments

• DSCF0172[1].jpg
    DSCF0172[1].jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCF0174[2].jpg
    DSCF0174[2].jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF0175[2].jpg
    DSCF0175[2].jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCF0176[2].jpg
    DSCF0176[2].jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 341

johnnybgood74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
boise, idaho
well, you said on your first post not to be affraid to chime in. lol i am nervous about how much structure that you have cut out with any support or braces anywhere. it will be a big PIA to get stuff to line back up. just my opinion. looking good though otherwise! im excited to see how Mass Casualty turns out!

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
well, you said on your first post not to be affraid to chime in. lol i am nervous about how much structure that you have cut out with any support or braces anywhere. it will be a big PIA to get stuff to line back up. just my opinion. looking good though otherwise! im excited to see how Mass Casualty turns out!

I got out the 2x4's out cut some holes. Tomorrow I am making a trip to the hardware store for bolts, And finish with the bracing. It has since been lowered to the ground to take the stress off the front end.

There is a bead of rust right where the bed starts and it is on the edge of where of the seat platform meets the bed. I am really seriously considering the dynacorn firewall one piece assembly, and new stuff all the way back to the bed. If I go this route the rebuild may take a while as we are down to one income this summer. Wish me luck!

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Its probably cheaper to buy the complete firewall than the metal, wire wheels grinding discs and welding supplies to build it back by yourself. The cowl is the whole structure everything pieces to that.

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Its probably cheaper to buy the complete firewall than the metal, wire wheels grinding discs and welding supplies to build it back by yourself. The cowl is the whole structure everything pieces to that.

Plus - it is probably put together better then my average welding skills.;D

Totally agree with you!

And yes, price wise it might be cheaper. You can't really see it in the pics, but I had to cut the back edge of the top part of the firewall due to the rust. Those two sections alone price out at 120. After cutting out the rust, there isn't much left. Didn't know this much was going to get cut out when I bought it, but do we ever know?