• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Crawl, Oct 12-13, 2012 Harlan, Ky

chris

No more Rock Crawler
This year's Fawl Crawl will once again be held at the Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park Located in Harlan, KY.

October 12-13, 2012

The Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park is located in Harlan County, which can be found where US Highway 119 and US Highway 421 meet in southeastern Kentucky. The park is located approximately 8 miles east of the City of Harlan on the Black Mountain Range, which runs between US Highway 119 and Kentucky Highway 38.

Officially opened June 4, 2005, Black Mountain Recreational Park receives hundreds of riders each month from all over the eastern U.S. who come to take in the beauty and take on the challenge of the rugged Appalachian Mountains.

■Open all day, all year-round

■Over 6,000 Acres of Mountainous Terrain

■Elevations up to 3,300 feet high

■Over 200 Miles of Marked and Rated Trails
■Beginner, Intermediate and Extreme ATV Trails

■Levels 1 through 5 4x4 Trails and Obstacles

■Two Convenient Trail-heads

■Primitive campsites

New: Trail Use Fees will be in affect. (Go to http://www.harlancountytrails.com/rules.php for more information about the fees)

Yearly-Single Permit: $35
Yearly Multi-Vehicle Permit: $40
Yearly Family Permit: $35.00. The second vehicle would cost $30.00 and each additional would cost $20.00 per vehicle.
31-Day Permit: $20
31-Day Multi-Vehicle Permit: $25.00

Minutes from rental cabins, RV Hookups and other amenities

Black Mountain Recreational Park has been featured in dozens of magazines and publications including ATV Rider Magazine, ATV Illustrated Magazine, Honda Red Rider Magazine, 4x4 Builder Magazine and many more.

This year the Event HQ will be at Harlan County Campground (HCC) and RV Park -

http://www.harlancountycampground.com/ Please contact HCC directly for your reservations.

There are several hotels in the area as well. See here - http://www.harlancountytrails.com/area-hotels.php

Because of the new fee system, MEB will not be asking for donations for trail maintenance as we have in the past.

STOCKER FRIENDLY TRAILS, TOO! The Putney trailhead, and the Black Moutain Park, is located adjacent to state/national parklands with miles of very scenic gravel or dirt roads. If you have a stock or mildly modified vehicle this is an ideal place to come do some mild wheeling and scenic driving in the KY mountains.

We'll be staging the trail rides out of the Putney Trailhead / Harlan County Campground. Trail rides both days will line up about 8:00-8:30 a.m. and ready to leave at 9:00 a.m.. Come join us if you can! This is a low-key event where we try to get in as much wheeling in 2 days as we can!

Hope to see you there!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be there! ;D This has become my favorite wheeling event and I look forward to it every year. My 6+ year old build will finally be coming with me too.

I've still got some loose ends to finish on it but Fawl Crawl has been my motivation to get it finished. I think this is the 4th year now I've said that I will bring it to Fawl Crawl.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

nhopman

I'll be there! ;D This has become my favorite wheeling event and I look forward to it every year. My 6+ year old build will finally be coming with me too.

If you don't have your rig in tow, don't even bother showing up :p

Just kidding of course, be good to have you there either way. But, I do know the feeling of finally wheeling your own rig, it will be the best event for you yet.

Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else there as well.

Nick

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Would it be wrong to show up to an EB event in a non-EB?

My EB is for the street, but I have a dodge ram based crawler... at least it's not a heep...

Todd

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would it be wrong to show up to an EB event in a non-EB?

My EB is for the street, but I have a dodge ram based crawler... at least it's not a heep...

Todd

No problem at all. I've been to this same event in several non bronco trucks. My friend coming will be bringing a yota - what he calls a golf cart. Bring that ram and lets go wheeling!

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Cool... One other question... Why is the event at Putney? That's like an hour from the good trails...

Todd

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Putney trailhead is at Harlan County campground which is where many of us stay, so its convenient to stage and start there. There's plenty of room for trailers for those who come for the day or stay at a hotel in town and tow their rigs to the trailhead. Seems to work pretty well.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Being less than 2 hours away- we go to Harlan several times a year. I have never stayed on the Putney side- Evarts has several areas to camp, town is close by with a gas/food readily available and there is literally a ton of room for trailers. I have been told the drive to Putney is exhausting... but that's hearsay I guess. I just didn't know if it was a convenience thing or what...

I have broken on the mountain a few times and being able to get my tow rig and trailer on the main trails of the Evarts side was a huge help! Especially when my steering sector shaft broke!

Todd

Broncoaddict

I'm hoping to make this if I can finsh my junk. Think we are going to stay on the evart's side. Hope to see some of you on the trail. Look for the lonely bronco riding with some toyotas and a buggy.

joe

Bronco Guru

I've still got some loose ends to finish on it but Fawl Crawl has been my motivation to get it finished. I think this is the 4th year now I've said that I will bring it to Fawl Crawl.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

we might make this year..... if there anything left to haul back from Clayton OK and OCBR in a couple weeks ;)

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
we might make this year..... if there anything left to haul back from Clayton OK and OCBR in a couple weeks ;)

Joe - It's been way too long since we've seen each other on the trails! I hope to see you there. I'm making plans to make the haul to OCBR in the next couple years too.

carolinaoffroad

I'll be there with my EB and several friends with non EB truggies. We are staying at the lower camp Evarts.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Why not? gas tank not ready? what other sorry excuse do you have?

Wife has drill weekend.. somebody need to protect the country.. ;D

who scheduled this event ?? :eek:

and the tank has not been removed yet.. its closer to the lift this week than it was last week..

Last edited:

jlylec

Being less than 2 hours away- we go to Harlan several times a year. I have never stayed on the Putney side- Evarts has several areas to camp, town is close by with a gas/food readily available and there is literally a ton of room for trailers. I have been told the drive to Putney is exhausting... but that's hearsay I guess. I just didn't know if it was a convenience thing or what...

I have broken on the mountain a few times and being able to get my tow rig and trailer on the main trails of the Evarts side was a huge help! Especially when my steering sector shaft broke!

Todd

Abingdon is 2hrs to Putney? Man it looks close on the map! That looks like an awesome place. I need to get in on this MEB so I can join in when things are closer to Charlottesville.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The day day forecast is still a few days short of the event, but it looks like it won't be snowing at least! Tuesday the week of the event high 69* Low 42*. It's weird b/c next weekend (the wkend before the even) and until then the lows were in the 50's.