• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Crawl, Oct 12-13, 2012 Harlan, Ky

gbbronco

Loc.
Alexander City
geting ready

This will my first trip to Ky. I was told this is like Tellico getting the rig ready after the roll at GAP .Greg

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
You'll love it Greg. I got my weekends mixed up and we are going to be in Fla with the grandsons for their fall break. Legoland here we come. ;D

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bump back to the top... Who else is coming?

Still looks like great weather, but what weather man can predict 10 days out? I'm going with it for now though! :)

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Wow, going to be different this year. With no Paynes, Silbaughs or Gibsons to all go together on the potluck and campfire with I'm still trying to decide what I want to do, haul with the truck in the AM or camp... Nick, you gonna be the official MEB spokesman? Any ideas? I know you'll likely bring evening entertainment... ;)

Suzy

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I'm bummed that we can't make it. The cost is just too much right now, and not sure the better half is up for wheeling. I know you'll have a great time, and Nick will take good care of everyone on behalf of MEB! I really miss seeing everybody, especially those we only see a couple times a year.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I thought I was going to make this run, but I am committed to a function go the wife. I will be in Harlan the following weekend for the open fall Crawl. It's a good time with all types of rigs if y'all can't make the MEB ride.

Todd

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just letting several good friends who I was looking fwd to riding with know-My Aunt lost her battle with cancer this weekend. I am sure many on here have had family and friends affected by this terrible disease. She was originally diagnosed with kidney issues, then colon cancer which she battled for nearly a year. The service will be held on Saturday. This is the first time I have missed a fall crawl since we started them.
Hope everyone has a great time and be safe. Robert, you are drafted to keep up with Greg and keep him out of trouble :)
Thanks,
Karl

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Karl- sorry to hear about your aunt.

I'll miss wheeling with you on the orange bronco's innaugural wheeling trip. I hope we are ready for it! I'm as ready as I can be and packing the essential spare parts. I don't know if I'm the one (and consider who is coming with me;D) to keep Greg out of trouble but we will have a good time I matter what! During my build this event has been my goal for the pAst 6 years- better late than never ;D!

nhopman

Wow, going to be different this year. With no Paynes, Silbaughs or Gibsons to all go together on the potluck and campfire with I'm still trying to decide what I want to do, haul with the truck in the AM or camp... Nick, you gonna be the official MEB spokesman? Any ideas? I know you'll likely bring evening entertainment... ;)

Suzy

Not sure I'm the person that should be in charge, but I'll do the best I can, how hard can it be. I have only been there 3-4 times and I still get lost occasionally, but I'll have some maps with me and we'll just have to figure things out each AM. It will be a little less organized than usual and with the lack of guides, we may just have to have people group up by trail dificulty to set out and explore the park on thier own. Bernie and I did this a bit last year and had a blast. At least it looks like the weather is going to cooperate this year, so that is a plus.

As far as evenings, I haven't got a clue. I am staying at the campground but I may just have to venture into town for dinner. As far as entertainment, I used the last one I had at Gore, so no big explosion this year ;D But I suspect we can find someone with a fire going to set up our normal evening BS sessions.

Nick

carolinaoffroad

I'm coming packed with parts. My Bronc is on tons but am bringing stock spare axle shafts front and rear as well as tcase output shafts, drive shafts, lockouts, etc. Hope to see u guys there. We will be at the lower camp near the rock garden by the dirt road. If there is cell service, text or call if u guys get in trouble.

Also, what is officially organized?

Jon

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Suzy

Yes, we're really sorry we can't make it this year - and now with Karl and Karen unable to attend it will be a bit different. But I am sure Nick will do a great job for entertainment even if there's no more big bang!

Suzy, wear some pink for us and the Bradley family - Thanks!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Carolinaoffroad - Good to hear somebody else is loaded with spare parts! I get accused of taking too much crap, but I'm not going to haul 5+ hours for a $100 part to prevent me from wheeling longer.

I know this will also be the first trip to this event for several and it's going to be a great time and looks like great weather! I hate some of the normals won't make it, but I don't think it will make the event any less exciting than years past I have attended.

carolinaoffroad

Going to try and bring bronco specific parts including a radiator. I have a 5 hour ride too and used to go to Tellico when it was open and have my ride cut short too. I try to keep most everything I may new to get me back on the trail. Our group will most likely be bringing a welder, grinder, saw etc. if needed. Just let me know

Jon

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the generous offer! We had considered dragging a generator and smaller portable welder but decided not to. I know who to call if I need one though! We will be on the Pickney side - we usually camp about 1/4 mile up the hill from the main camp ground. I've got your number in case I need it and will PM you mine also.

Robert

nhopman

Well we're here. Sor far just a few rigs, but hopefully more will join us throughout the day and evening. Got a bit chilly last night, but looking great for today, looking forward to sunny skies. Trails are just a bit wet from earlier rains, but not too bad, they should dry out some today.

Getting ready to head out here in a few I'll try to post up this evening and if I can remember, maybe a few pics as well.

MK20JJ48

Loc.
Big Stone Gap
Hope you guys have a great time. Let me know if you need firewood. ;)

Enjoy our beautiful leaves and if you're looking for a nice long street 'cruise,' let me know. I know most of you will be on the trails but still.

Be safe!

Christy

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I wish I could be down there with you Nick, but Lou did not get his junk back together yet and of course mine is nowhere even close!

nhopman

Well, sorry for no updates this weekend, but the laptop battery died and we were just having too much fun to worry about charging it up. It was a low turnout for a Fawl Crawl. Most rigs at one time were 8. So it really wasn't what most would call an "event" but more like a group of Bronco nuts getting together for a great weekend of wheeling and camaraderie, you can't help but have fun hanging with the "Alabama gang" it was great meeting and wheeling with you all. We covered a lot of ground and ran more trails than we would have with a bigger group, so it was great to see most of the park. I ended up having the little rig of the group, but still managed to keep up with most of the other rigs, until running one of the last trails yesterday. It was rated a level 4 trail, which it may have been when it was first opened, but it's clearly a level 5 now. I managed to break the ear off of the front left outer stub axle. Got pulled up the rest of the trail since I was only 3-wheeling it, but made it to the main road out and was able to get out under my own power.

Looks like I have to renew my contributor status to post pics so I'll do that and post some up tomorrow. Right now it's time to unload and wash the mud off the rig.

Nick

Last edited:

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let the pics begin! Most are from my friends who came with me taking shots of my rig for me but I did get a few of Thomas and John. I have some videos of Joe and Jason going up Cream Puff but don't know how to post them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php