• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Crawl, Oct 12-13, 2012 Harlan, Ky

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Robert, thanks for the pics!!! Man that lil' orange rig of your's looked like it
worked pretty good!!!!!;D;D;D When are you going to name it?????%)%)%)

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Glad to see it FINALLY got some use

But, who was driving it??? You too scared to put the first scratch on her? ;D

Hope it worked well- looks like you guys had fun. Great pics!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ben - I think Keith tagged it with a name. BOB - big orange bronco.

Bart - I drove it 90% of the time but was willing to let anyone in the drivers seat after I was comfortable with it. I took some of the pics too when Ryan was driving and enjoyed riding some too.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Robert- Great to see you wheeling the BOB. Did you have any promblems? Break anything?

Thanks for the pic too Robert.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Knock on wood... no breakage so far. I still need to clean it up good and do some preventative maintenance before the next bashing, but so far so good.

The more comfortable I got in it the harder we beat it. I am still trying to keep the sheet metal straight so I avoided the body damage inevitable trails. I built it with KB's white/red flame rig - he always kept it very nice with straight panels and still wheeled the you know what out of it.

The only think I need to look into... during Friday wheeling my pass. front brake caliper was sticking and you could smell it getting hot. When we stopped, it was smoking. I let it cool and it kept doing it. I pulled the caliper off Saturday morning, pressed the piston back in, and while reinstalling the caliper the tapered bolt that holds the slide & spring in broke - before it even got tight! Without anything to hold my caliper, we tacked the caliper to the mount and never looked back. It didn't heat up again on Saturday so the only thing I can think is maybe it had a little trash in the line that I pushed back into the MC when I pushed the piston back in. I've heard that a lot of people have trouble with the D60 dual piston calipers. You never know what you are buying anymore - some china man is getting paid $2/day to build these and don't think he cares if it hangs or not.

nhopman

Pictures

Attachments

• 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-009.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-009.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-021.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-021.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-035.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-035.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-054.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-054.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-079.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-079.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-092.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-092.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-129.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-129.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-138.JPG
    2012 MEB Fawl Crawl-138.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 54

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a good time was had by all! Thanks for the pics so those of us who didn't get there can say "oh, I know that trail".

Suzy - thanks for representing us girls, wish I had been there to ride along! Were you and Jessica the only girls there?

Nick - thanks for heading up the event on on behalf of MEB.

tobinj

Loc.
Martinsburg, WV
Man I cant wait to get my done so I can make some of these events, glad everyone had a good time looks like it was a blast

nhopman

The carnage-short side axle and stub axle. Not sure where the other ear went probably the metal crunching sound I heard coming down a hill. Other than missing and damaged caps, the U-joint still looks usable.

Attachments

• carnage.jpg
    carnage.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 29

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Great pictures!
Wish we could have made it this year. Looks like the weather was perfect.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Still haven't gotten my pictures downloaded...

Best thing about Fawl Crawl this year is that we can tell stories and make up lies and there are only about 12 people that would know any different! ;D

Gotta give Nick his props, he hung in there with the rest of the group, several of which are pushing the definition of Bronco. I believe he was the only one in the group with a Dana 20, certainly the only one with D44 & 9" on the trail he broke on. He hung with Greg Baker, Joe Haskins, Thomas & Me on Shameless which was labeled a 4 but no where near that. Absolutely no traction on bumpy hill climbs. I winched as well, following him as I had lost my momentum and just wasn't sure how much more I wanted to scare Keith in the passenger seat! Mason Jar has gotten much harder and he got through that as well. I lost track of all the other ones we tried, as usual they all change a lot depending on how wet they are. I didn't make it out to the lookout to see if the horse has come back though and there were NO berries to be picked!! ?:?

Judy, it was just Jess & Me and Natalie Strange from IL. Gary, I was wearing my pink but it was hidden under a hoodie as it was a bit on the chilly side.

Randy would have been in convulsions, we didn't leave camp until 11:30 one morning!! But we made up for it with the night ride of the year-- the blind leading the blind with A flashlight, low on fuel down the mountain! Lesson learned, don't let Joe talk you into "just one more trail..."

Nice time as usual though, one of my easiest pulls of the year!

Suzy

joe

Bronco Guru
The carnage-short side axle and stub axle. Not sure where the other ear went probably the metal crunching sound I heard coming down a hill. Other than missing and damaged caps, the U-joint still looks usable.

Nick,

It was great meetin ya, we had a great time. sorry bout that last trail but you hung in there buddy, and did awesome.

hope to wheel with ya again someday :cool:

joe

Bronco Guru
But we made up for it with the night ride of the year-- the blind leading the blind with A flashlight, low on fuel down the mountain! Lesson learned, don't let Joe talk you into "just one more trail..."

what??? %)
just one more wont hurt ;D