• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Snow Run- Rausch Creek Pa Feb 22, 2014

reptillikus

Loc.
Reading
forgot I had an account here! :D

I don't normally come on here since I don't own an EB, but I figure since I was there and wheeled with a couple of you, itd be ok :p

Ive got a thread going over on FSB with pics from the trip, if any of you are interested you can find it here

I didn't get too many pics, but i know other FSB members were there, so im sure more pics will pop up. That said, here's a teaser pic of Ryan givin her all shes got :cool:
025.jpg

I had a blast, and hopefully i get to wheel with yall again at the RoundUp this Summer ;D

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
weather was perfect, snow was deep. and slushy and icey!

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 56
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 69
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 61

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Wow, that's got to be the most snow of any MEB Snow Run! Looks like you all had a great time! ;D

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dam that's a lot of snow! Considering how warm its been the last few days. Looks like a great time. Hope to start making it back to these events again soon!

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Looks like it was a blast. Did you guys stick to the North side where it is a little more open?

I'd be fearful of sliding into trees with all the snow and ice?

My bronco is back on the road after the motor rebuild. Looking forward to RC at the round up or sooner, after the snow melts!

Dlish

Looks like it was a blast. Did you guys stick to the North side where it is a little more open?

I'd be fearful of sliding into trees with all the snow and ice?

My bronco is back on the road after the motor rebuild. Looking forward to RC at the round up or sooner, after the snow melts!

Mostly the Northeast property...I think mtfit crossed back over to the other property with a couple of others.

Yeap, there is a little more rash on one of my rear corners from sliding into trees. Totally different experience from the summer at Rausch, anything off-camber and downhill turned into sliding, very close to losing a mirror too.

Glad you are out driving again, I would def be in for a RC trip in the spring before the roundup.

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
Guys, If you dont know, we wheel RC about 2x per month, anyone who wants to go the invite is open, shoot me a PM.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I am going to try to get a few pictures uploaded from our phones, not the best quality. This was our first offroad event in our own Bronco. A HUGE thanks to Drew and everyone that put up with a newbie driver. Ended up kissing tree on the front fender and door, guess that is to be expected but still stings for the "show and shine" guy.

I can't wait to go again.

Dlish

I have a few random pics to post up too, First one is from my backyard, I got to do some snow-wheeling to just to load up on the trailer. And there is a nice one of my getting winched up a hill.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpg
    IMG_1854.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 44

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Would anyone be keen on a Rausch Creek run either of the next 2 weekends? The 8-9 or 15-16?

My Bronco is a bit too pretty for the trails, but I've got a Land Cruiser on 33s with a rear locker,and other than being about twice as big as the Bronco should do just fine on all the greens and blues.

OneRaceOneWinnr

Hey, that little red Bronco is mine! If you play the video in reverse I look like a hero saving all you guys! Serious special thanks to all of you who helped get me out of there. I haven't been winched or pulled out of an obstacle since 2009 so this was a good refresher on recovery technique. I'm blaming a seized 40 year old U-joint rather than the driver...

I replaced the half shaft and U-joint and I will continue to upgrade for the round up. See you there!

Dlish

Fireball I might be trying to get a few last days skiing the next couple weekends, but I am all for some spring wheeling if you want to get the Land Cruiser out.

OneRace good to meet you, glad we got you out. only to have a little fun and try to change the halfshaft in 4 inches of mud in the parking lot!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I can't wait to finish my upgrades for the next trip.
I will also put my cordless angle grinder in the toolbox next time to be able to finish D44 Axel removals in muddy parking lots.
:)

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Bill - I'm heading up tomorrow with a few mostly stock rigs. Maybe I'll see you out there and say hello!