• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Met an original owner '67 today EDIT 6/7/24 - 10 years of ownership

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Total thumb in the wind on this one but based on what I've seen them selling for lately, I think this would be a $40-50K rig.

Todd Z.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Easily $45K+. With the history and documented story it could bring more than most. Undercarriage and cowl are solid?

I bet he's kicking himself now, have you talked to him recently?

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Easily $45K+. With the history and documented story it could bring more than most. Undercarriage and cowl are solid?

I bet he's kicking himself now, have you talked to him recently?
The only rust is in the driver floor pan at the seam where is ramps up to the firewall. He told me about it when he first showed it to me. When he had the Bronco painted in the early 90s, he had the body shop fiberglass over that area. Not the best repair, but it's still fairly solid after nearly 30 years.

As for seeing him, I talked to him earlier this year. He's told me what the education account he put the money into is up to, which has been a pretty good rate of return.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Thats not bad. Are you thinking about selling?

Now show us this other one! What's the story on that?

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The '67 is not for sale. I was curious what it would go for in today's market to get a benchmark for what the '77 might be worth.

The guy selling the '77 for his parents who are the original owners told me he'd take $40k, then two days later raised the price to $48k. Finally, yesterday, he told me he has a guy who's offered to buy it for $50k sight unseen. So, the price has increased by $10k in a week and all I've seen is one picture of it. I'm out. I don't play these silly games with constantly raising the price.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Thats not bad. Are you thinking about selling?

Now show us this other one! What's the story on that?

I have no clue the story about this between the time I was offered it a year and a half ago and today. It is however up for sale on Bring a Trailer. It'll be interesting to see how the final price comes in compared to the $40k - $50k pricing that was discussed a year and a half ago when I had the opportunity to purchase it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
For those interested, I still have the original '67 that this thread was originally about. Looking into doing some floor pan work.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
10 years ago today I purchased this Bronco from the original owner who still lives down the street. 85 years old and still enjoys talking with me about it.

47 years, four months, and three days of ownership for the guy on the right. 10 years for the guy on the left.

Attachments

• 20240607_113609.jpg
    20240607_113609.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 82

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice shot - congrats on being a good steward of this rig!

Todd Z.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Great story Justin. Fun to see the pic of the two of you in the driveway in front of it. :)

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Great story Justin. Fun to see the pic of the two of you in the driveway in front of it. :)

I don't know if you read through this whole thread, but the photos of the original owner and I with the Bronco are a recurring theme.

The first photo below was taken by Dave's wife the day I bought it from him (6/7/14).
Dave bought the Bronco on 2/4/67. The second photo was taken 2/4/17 - 50 years to the day that he bought it and drove it off the lot.
The third photo was taken Friday on the tenth anniversary of my purchasing it from the original owner.

Attachments

• IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9114.JPG
    IMG_9114.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240607_113609.jpg
    20240607_113609.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 27