• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Met an original owner '67 today EDIT 6/7/24 - 10 years of ownership

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
This is my dream. To find a CA blue plate car, personalized COOL plates, from the first owner, semi-unmolested, and in that exact color scheme.

when did he personalize the plates? shouldn't this year have black plates?

He traded in the original black and gold plates in 1983 so he could get the personalized blue and gold ones. He gave me a huge stack of paperwork with it, and in there is an envelope with registration tags going all the way back to 1980.

The original black and gold plate was UAN 127. The plate changed on the 1983 registration card to the 19674x4 that it currently has.

Just one of many small things that add to the coolness of the story.

zerostar2410

He traded in the original black and gold plates in 1983 so he could get the personalized blue and gold ones. He gave me a huge stack of paperwork with it, and in there is an envelope with registration tags going all the way back to 1980.

The original black and gold plate was UAN 127. The plate changed on the 1983 registration card to the 19674x4 that it currently has.

Just one of many small things that add to the coolness of the story.

I envy u. :cry:

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Bought my '74 from the original owner, (back in '05) I'll never forget looking in the rear view mirror watching him watching it leave. He stood there 'til I was out of sight. He also knew it was going to a good home. He loved that Bronco, but used it, and took excellent care of it. So have I, and I'm sure you'll take care of yours as well.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I think you got a great deal! Love the way it brightens up the garage with that iridescent torquiose!

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Drove this bad boy on a 300 mile trip over the holidays. Man is this thing a pleasure to drive. Nice tight steering, plenty of power from the 289, and doesn't feel like I'm getting my teeth knocked out.

One exit away from my destination, a car in the fast lane slowed down a bit as it approached me. As I looked over, the kid in the back seat was taking a picture. I'm driving a celebrity :cool:

Germd

One exit away from my destination, a car in the fast lane slowed down a bit as it approached me. As I looked over, the kid in the back seat was taking a picture. I'm driving a celebrity :cool:

I get the same thing happening all the time driving mine. Gets way more attention than any of my previous muscle cars and even the ubiquitous Jeep drivers around here give me thumbs up. Yours is a really, really nice looking truck and a great story.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Wow. That's really great. I'm still looking for one like that !

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Drove this bad boy on a 300 mile trip over the holidays. Man is this thing a pleasure to drive. Nice tight steering, plenty of power from the 289, and doesn't feel like I'm getting my teeth knocked out.

You should of snapped a picture of it in my driveway and sent it to me when you stopped by! ;D

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
You should of snapped a picture of it in my driveway and sent it to me when you stopped by! ;D

Believe it or not, when I backed into the driveway, I thought that would be a cool picture to send you, but I had packed my phone in my suitcase and didn't feel like unpacking to get it out.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
She is topless for the first time in 20+ years.

Dave the original owner had told me that he'd taken the top off numerous times over the years, but hadn't taken it off since it was painted back in the early 1990's.

So, here she is today

Attachments

• IMG_6044.jpg
    IMG_6044.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_6045.jpg
    IMG_6045.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_6046.jpg
    IMG_6046.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 192

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Enjoy reading this post every time it pops up.

Lookin good man.

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Got paid today to let Dick's Sporting Goods use the Bronco for a full day of photo shooting for future advertising. Can't wait to see how the pictures are used.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
That's cool. Keep us posted with any details when you know.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Great story. I purchased mine from the original owner also. At this point, I have to think that is pretty rare. Mine had 296K miles on it. It had been to over 40 states.