• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Metal OEM Stock Hood

bubobronco

Loc.
MN
Looking for a stock metal hood for my '74. Prices range between about $300-400 plus shipping from bronco vendors. Is there any difference in quality or any advice on where to buy? Other alternatives? Thanks..

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
I am interested in the quality of the repop hoods as well, as I need a new hood.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
I have mine from dynacorn. Looks real nice in the box but not at the point that I'm ready to put it on. Could get some detailed pics if you guys want, let me know.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I bought a dynacorn hood for my 65 fastback it was junk top skin coming apart had to return it got one from brands performance it was ok still had to fit to car not fun ,this was 5 years ago

canzelc

I have a dynacorn steel hood on my 73 and I am very happy with it. Mine is what could be termed as a "driver", so I am not that concerned with perfect gaps and boby lines.

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
I bought a stock steel reproduction hood recently from Jeff's, I believe it was a dynacorn. The first one arrived damaged. Jeff's was great on sending another out quickly. The second one came packed better.

The hood seems heavier than stock but the skin on top may be a little thinner. It wasnt a perfect piece, but overall the fit was good and I was pleased. I did need to use a couple extra shims on the hinge, but that could just as well be my Bronco.