• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mid TN Bronco Gathering

msweb

Bronco Guru
I just spoke with Ratch and we decided it's time for another Bronco get together. How about the first weekend in October (10/2 or 10/3), location TBA. Post up with suggestions/ideas and lets get together!

We can do it at my place, Cedars of Lebanon again or anywhere else. Post up ideas, plan on having a good time, eating well and talking Broncos! ;D

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
That would be October 2nd? I think I can make it that saturday. I know I'd like to make it. Where doesn't really matter, just pick a place and I'll do my best.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I'd be interested, but I'd rather do some wheeling, in addition to the requisite eating & BSing. ;D Bold Springs (no website) is pretty close to I-40, but I couldn't find it the one time I tried, and it's in a low, muddy area. I don't like mud. :p Golden Mt is equally close to I-40, but further from me, and it looks like it has a small trail system. Wooly's might be the most-central & easiest-to-get-to, but IDK anyone who has been there, so I'm not sure if the trails will be interesting. I'm much more interested in WitC, but it's a little harder to get to. Crazy Horse is WAAAAYYY off I-40, but has camping, fishing, canoes, & apparently a few trails. Mayhem is way out there, and not very big or interesting - just one hillside.

So whose rigs will be ready for some trails this time? :D

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Dang it, I knew I had something on the second... I just remembered it and I can't do October second. Other options? Popular choice of dates to do something?

I'd be there with horsepower rumbling Steve but still need to button some things up. How about I bring the 4-wheeler instead. Will that count? ;D

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Ok, all you guys that say you're in - ideas on where?

For those that want to wheel, we could do it at a friends place here in Lebanon. He's got 20 acres of some fun trails.

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
Late last night the wife said I have a weding to go to one the 2nd. As far as other dates in Oct. the 9th or the 30th I could probably make. As far as wheeling, I'm mobile. Can't do anything crazy but I'll be bringing my 74,the "Thing". It would give me a chance to try out the 33's.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
my bronco definitely won't be on the road any time soon but i'd love to jump in with someone once i get up there

Ratch

Contributor
I am good any time except the weekend of the 9th. If you buddy is ok with it, I would say his place is as good as any.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
If we do it at my buddy's place it would need to be a Saturday afternoon/evening.

How many Broncos can we get there that would want to wheel?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
mavereq
Where are you?

msweb
I'd like to see the location on Google Earth. Can you tell me how to get to his land (not necessarily dude's house) from the air (highways, intersections, landmarks)?

And why haven't we heard from Stout22??? He's closer than me, in Athens, AL.

OP
OP
msweb

msweb

Bronco Guru
Here ya go Steve. The garage is on the lower right, Rock piles in the center and trails are in the woods on the left. Doesn't show much but there's plenty of places to break stuff if you wanted to! ;D Note the coordinates at the bottom of the picture if you'd like to look around some more ;)

Come on folks, who else is in, when and WHERE??? I'm getting hungry for some Bronco Burgers!

Hmmm.... Maybe if we hit the date right we could catch Suzy and some others coming back from OCBR? The possibilities are endless.....

Attachments

• Jason's.jpg
    Jason's.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 17

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Oct is filling up fast for me.
I may already be going to a ride the weekend of Oct 9 (Choccolocco Mtn and Morris Mnt) but the details have not been finalized.
I have been to Woolys many times. May go this weekend;D

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
The 16th-17th is the only weekend in Oct. I can make it. Work has decided that October is a good month for me to have meetings and classes. Throw in 2 wedings and I'm screwd. If another date is picked I may be able to drive up early and take the Bronco if my Blue lighted vehicle is not required for the meeting, usually it is for inspection or fire team stuff.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
...trails are in the woods on the left.
How far do they go? Does he own the trees/trails North of that lime-green pond?
I may already be going to a ride the weekend of Oct 9 (Choccolocco Mtn and Morris Mnt)...
And you didn't invite us because... :mad:

;D
Have you ever been to Hawk Pride or Barnyard Boggers?
The 16th-17th is the only weekend in Oct. I can make it.
OK So anyone have a problem with that weekend?

BTW
I'd like to come check out your ride one of these days.

Last edited:

Ratch

Contributor
The weekend of the 16th works for us, either day is fine.