• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mint 400 Movie plus Vintage Stroppe Pics

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Morning Everyone,

A few more Mint 400 pics from '71 to start your day.

The last pic is another one of my favorites. That trailer door would look great in someone's shop. Lots of memories!

Take Care,

Jeff

Attachments

• PICT0090.jpg
    PICT0090.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 167
  • PICT0091.jpg
    PICT0091.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT0092.jpg
    PICT0092.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0093.jpg
    PICT0093.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Again,

I'm enjoying posting every pic. It's even better knowing that there as so many people who enjoy the pics, too.

Brad mentioned the tires and it brought back a conversation I had with my Dad. He bought a big-body Bronco the first year they came out. He put a set of off-road tires on the Bronco soon after buying it. I believe that Parnelli was still associated with Firestone at the time. I want to say the there was mention of Mickey Thompson, too. If I remember the story, either Mickey or Parnelli owned tire stores in Southern California, and that's where the tires came from. What was most interesting was that the tires went through the same x-ray process that the race tires were checked with.

Thanks for mentioning the encounter with the tire guy, Brad.

Take Care,

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

This is kind of an off-the-wall question...

Do any of you guys remember a company named Desert Dynamics from the '70s and possibly 80s? They were located in Santa Fe Springs outside of Los Angeles.

Thanks,

Jeff

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Morning Everyone,

The last pic is another one of my favorites. That trailer door would look great in someone's shop. Lots of memories!

Take Care,

Jeff

It would also make a great poster but I don't think peopls do posters much anymore?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey,

Do any of you guys remember a company named Desert Dynamics from the '70s and possibly 80s? They were located in Santa Fe Springs outside of Los Angeles.

Thanks,

Jeff

Yes, I remember them and have a catalog or two of theirs somewhere in the pile. I think they were around until the '80s.

These are all such great shots, Jeff. The other shot there has Rod Hall and Larry Minor (back to camera) in it.

Todd Z.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes, I remember them and have a catalog or two of theirs somewhere in the pile. I think they were around until the '80s.

These are all such great shots, Jeff. The other shot there has Rod Hall and Larry Minor (back to camera) in it.

Todd Z.

The older catalogs are pretty cool too

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
I know you said you were close to the end in pics Jeff, I hope you keep finding them. This has been a great thread. Made better by those that have information to fill in the blanks and add to the stories.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Again Everyone,

Here are a few more pics from the '71 Mint 400.

It looks a little dusty... lol

Take Care,

Jeff

Attachments

• PICT0097.jpg
    PICT0097.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 153
  • PICT0096.jpg
    PICT0096.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 150
  • PICT0095.jpg
    PICT0095.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 133
  • PICT0094.jpg
    PICT0094.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 135

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Morning Everyone,

Take Care,

Jeff

great pics and thread. The 3rd pic in this post looks like the race was ran right through the middle of a MX track

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Hey,

Thanks,

Jeff

I remember Desert Dynamics also. I never knew what happened to them.

Thanks again Jeff for taking the time to start this thread and share the history. When it eventually runs it's course I'm sure it will end up in the archives for the future to see.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
great pics and thread. The 3rd pic in this post looks like the race was ran right through the middle of a MX track

Most of the pics are taken in the start/finish area of the race which, according to "Uncle Bob" Lewis (an EB racer in the early days), was the Las Vegas gun club.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Todd and Randy,

Thanks for the input on Desert Dynamics. It's more curiosity than anything else. My Dad was part owner in the company in the late 70s (I think); but, it didn't last too long. I wasn't around at that time, so I really don't remember the details.

Take Care,

Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never knew any of them personally, but they advertised in all the off-road mags of the day and had some pretty cool products.
Andrew has a good collection of old mags so might have one or two of the ads from different years.

I remember things like axle trusses, grille guards and stuff like that.
For some reason winches come to mind too, but maybe I'm just lumping Hickey and the Sidewinders in with them.
No... I think there was a Desert Dynamics winch. Was pretty nice too if I remember. Maybe a 2-speed model?
Anyone know for sure?

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, Desert Dynamics sold their own flavor of winch too.

Todd Z.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Holy cow Jeff. Thank-you so much for sharing your pics. Awesome.

Minolta Cameras...I had a 110 as my first camera. And I didn't know Air Lift has been around that long. Lots of interesting things in your pics. I never really did anything like this as a youngster. My dad believes cars and trucks are just a way to get somewhere. And he bought his first car in '62.

Craig

House

Minutia Militia
THOR winch is the one you guys are referring to... ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 101
OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey House,

Pretty cool.

I remember my brother had a Chevy Luv 4X4. He put rear bumper on it from Desert Dynamics that had tool compartments built in.

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey You'all,

Here are a few more Mint 400 pics.

Jeff