• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mono's Bronco Build

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks great man!! are you going to run those tires? if so are you gonna be scared of rocks chipping your new paint! LOL

Not sure..... The painters didn't like the idea of the rock chips either, but like the looks of the tires.

Mono, that looks great! Can you confirm the color? I am going to do my 74 stock color I think which may be the one you painted yours or very close.

The guy I bought if from said it was a stock Ford PU color, but the painters said it came up as a Freightliner color. I'll try and grab the color code back from the guys. I want to say it was Med. Green glow poly http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1976-fordtruck-pg01.jpg

Thanks for the complements! Makes me feel a little better about the $$$$ I've got into it. Can't wait to get it back together now.

Mono

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I did something very similar with my doors, shaved handles and locks, but i left the vent windows.

PLEASE tell me that you fit the grille before paint!?!?! I did not and have regretted it every day since....

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
PLEASE tell me that you fit the grille before paint!?!?! I did not and have regretted it every day since....

I didn't........ but I'll try it tonight. I think the guy I bought it from had it on ?:?

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
great color, looks some what modern yet still fits on a classic, I love the rear flares(plan on doing that to mine) did you do them or a po. Any tips on doing it.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
great color, looks some what modern yet still fits on a classic, I love the rear flares(plan on doing that to mine) did you do them or a po. Any tips on doing it.

PO did it. Did a great job too-

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Looks great, Mono. Great color of green. Good luck with the rest of the reassembly. Chips and scratches are inevitable no matter how careful we are. Have fun with it!

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chips and scratches are inevitable no matter how careful we are. Have fun with it!

No scratches yet...... even with my son tossing the ratchet around ;D.

I am having a hard time installing used parts onto this Bronco (Seats, Dash pad, hardware, etc....). I'll have to slowly replace stuff down the road. My goal is to get it running with what i've got for now...... until I can grow some more money :-X.

Attachments

• DSC02842s.jpg
    DSC02842s.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC02850s.jpg
    DSC02850s.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02859s.jpg
    DSC02859s.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC02861s.jpg
    DSC02861s.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 195

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Don't worry, that adds charecter. YOu should be done about the time the little one in the first pictures is driving age. :D

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
No scratches yet...... even with my son tossing the ratchet around ;D.

I am having a hard time installing used parts onto this Bronco (Seats, Dash pad, hardware, etc....). I'll have to slowly replace stuff down the road. My goal is to get it running with what i've got for now...... until I can grow some more money :-X.

Hey Mono,

That Bronco is looking better everyday! You did a nice job on the color combo.
I went to the Car Craft Summer Nationals today and saw one of your old Steeds:cool:
These were the only 2 there! Your old one and Will's old one
Your little boy is such a cutie.
Sure hope you keep this one for him!;)

Gerry

Attachments

• DSCN4654.JPG
    DSCN4654.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Mono,

That Bronco is looking better everyday! You did a nice job on the color combo.
I went to the Car Craft Summer Nationals today and saw one of your old Steeds:cool:
These were the only 2 there! Your old one and Will's old one
Your little boy is such a cutie.
Sure hope you keep this one for him!;)

Gerry

Thanks Gerry!
Kinda wish I had the "General Telephone" still.

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Truck looks great!

What kind of wheel dollies you have under there and how do they work?

Thanks!

Cheepie dollys ($80 for the 4). Work fine for what I need them for (Pushing the bronco as far away from my wifes car door as possible ;D ).

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Off to Exhaust

Update:

It's off to exhaust today! Flat towed it for the first time on the Hwy. Towed great @ 60mph.

Attachments

• DSC04102s.jpg
    DSC04102s.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC04101s.jpg
    DSC04101s.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC04099s.jpg
    DSC04099s.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC04097s.jpg
    DSC04097s.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC04096s.jpg
    DSC04096s.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 69

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
I know you can't wait to get it going.

It looks like you changed over to the stock wheels. I think it looks great. Is that a temporary change just for towing purposes or are you thinking of running them full-time?

OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know you can't wait to get it going.

It looks like you changed over to the stock wheels. I think it looks great. Is that a temporary change just for towing purposes or are you thinking of running them full-time?

Well...... since you asked...

Final plan is it to be a:

1. Roadster: Shaved door frames, no top, oversized wheel tire combo windshield down.
  2. HalfCab: Installed second set of doors w/Glass and window frames, with lift off door hinges, half cab top, bulkhead, 30's with hub caps.
  3. Wagon: Installed second set of doors w/Glass and window frames, with lift off door hinges, Wagon top, 30's with hub caps...... or oversized wheel tire combo.

I've got the two tops painted up, along with a bulkhead. Still looking for a good door set :-[

It's going to be a Transformer!

Attachments

• DSC04004.JPG
    DSC04004.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC04084.JPG
    DSC04084.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
Mono

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks good - paint those shocks!

I supose you want me to bolt them to the axle too ;D. Little bouncy down ol' Hwy 10! I need some for the front, so I've been holding off taking care of the shocks...... but yes- eye sore!

Thanks Kyle-