• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

More C4 2nd to 3rd Woes

ol gray mare

My C4 wont shift into 3rd until 50 mph. It has a Transgo shift kit. I've tried adjusting the vacuum modulator with little or no results. If I turn it CCW about two turns it won't go into 3rd at all. I adjusted it 1/2 turn at a time. I checked the "H" servo and no problems with the o rings. Any ideas?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
is this a fresh rebuild or old trans with new problem. what does the trans fluid look like or did look like before you replaced it? is your down shift rod being held up with a spring at the carb?

OP
OP
ol gray mare

ol gray mare

Fresh rebuild, new fluid, with spring. I took it for a drive today after about 15 miles in 3rd at 60 mph, I stopped at a stop sign and then it wouldn't go into 3rd at all. I'll see if it works after it cools.

OP
OP
ol gray mare

ol gray mare

It turned out to be the 2 - 3 shift valve was sticking. I got it freed up and it shifts great.