• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Motor Mounts

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I changed the engine mounts today. I don't know why...just seemed like the thing to do..
I got the replacements from Advance Auto Parts. They weren't too pricey ;D

There are a few differences that pissed me off. The old mounts were two piece and were simple to come out. The new ones are one piece, took a bit to get them in. I thought about cutting the new ones in half like the olds ones ;) I decided not to when I saw a big freakin' rivet going through the new ones....

Tip: I took out the oil dip stick tube to make installing a mount bolt easier.

Attachments

• EB Motor Mounts 2005.jpg
    EB Motor Mounts 2005.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 72

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
hate to tell you, but those are not 2 piece mounts. your old ones were broken. you're lucky the engine didn't lift and tear something up.

OP
OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
73stallion said:
hate to tell you, but those are not 2 piece mounts. your old ones were broken. you're lucky the engine didn't lift and tear something up.

Really? ;D

I was kidding. I was surprised that both were toast. I knew one was....

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
LOL. Uh, you do realize there was nothing holding your motor in right? Well, except maybe the tranny mount and gravity.

OP
OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
LOL. Uh, you do realize there was nothing holding your motor in right? Well, except maybe the tranny mount and gravity.

Yepper... I heard the engine thumping. Think I could have used JB Weld?? :p

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
yeah, good thing there are 2 tranny mounts.

any opinions on using urethane engine and tranny mounts on a eb? i can get a good deal on a set of extreme motor mounts, and i already have urethane tranny mounts.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
73stallion said:
yeah, good thing there are 2 tranny mounts.

any opinions on using urethane engine and tranny mounts on a eb? i can get a good deal on a set of extreme motor mounts, and i already have urethane tranny mounts.
It should stand up well but it also tends to be a little stiffer. I.E. You might have more engine vibration felt inside. I personally would go for a set of newer stock OEM mounts instead. Say mid 90's SB truck.

fire bronc

Loc.
iowa
motor mounts ?

What Other Motor Mounts (what Vehicle) Will Work On A Bronco,and Are The Newer Style Mounts Better.

OP
OP
Mr Joe

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
fire bronc said:
What Other Motor Mounts (what Vehicle) Will Work On A Bronco,and Are The Newer Style Mounts Better.

I've heard that the newer style was better because of the retaining rivet. To my surprise, I asked for mounts for my '73 and they have rivets! ;D
The originals don't....

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
fire bronc said:
Pretty much any small block vehicle. Mine has had the originals, a set from a 90 Mercury Marquis and now a set from the 96 F350 that my 5.8 came out of.