• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moving to San Antonio!

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Hey guys!
It looks like I'll be moving to San Antonio from Tucson during the first part of June. I was wondering what its like to live out there. Are there plenty of places to wheel locally or is it all private land? I checked out the LEBC website, and it looks like there are alot of you guys out there. The Katemcy rocks pictures look like fun, but is there anything closer or is it all private land? I had one friend suggest that I trade it for a jet boat because he thinks I'll get more use out of it in Texas...what do you guys think?

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Hey guys!
It looks like I'll be moving to San Antonio from Tucson during the first part of June. I was wondering what its like to live out there. Are there plenty of places to wheel locally or is it all private land? I checked out the LEBC website, and it looks like there are alot of you guys out there. The Katemcy rocks pictures look like fun, but is there anything closer or is it all private land? I had one friend suggest that I trade it for a jet boat because he thinks I'll get more use out of it in Texas...what do you guys think?

I think your friend's a knucklehead! ;D Welcome to Texas! (in June)

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I am new to Texas and this is what I find. Most land here is private. That means you have to pay to play or know someone that has property. Mostly you pay. When you get right down to it that works out. I am from CA where the wheeling is free, sort of, Most places in CA you have to have a Off road sticker to go off road even with a lic plate. And you can't go off the trails and you have to get a permit to go on some trails even with the sticker. I think the main diff is in Tx. you pay to play on someone elses land and CA you pay to play on your land. The places I have been to here are well keep, no trash around, have nice places to camp and the scenery is great. The people that run the parks here are about like layed back camp hosts in CA.

Flintknapper

Loc.
Deep East Texas
I am new to Texas and this is what I find. Most land here is private. That means you have to pay to play or know someone that has property. Mostly you pay. When you get right down to it that works out. I am from CA where the wheeling is free, sort of, Most places in CA you have to have a Off road sticker to go off road even with a lic plate. And you can't go off the trails and you have to get a permit to go on some trails even with the sticker. I think the main diff is in Tx. you pay to play on someone elses land and CA you pay to play on your land. The places I have been to here are well keep, no trash around, have nice places to camp and the scenery is great. The people that run the parks here are about like layed back camp hosts in CA.

That about sums it up!

Although, from my experience...the folks you meet here will be friendlier (on average) than other places I have been.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I know a lot of great people in CA but I have yet to meet a less than great person here so You may be right.

texastreasures

Come on over

Bring your Bronco with you. They are appreciated in Texas. We have lots of lakes and parks to cruise at the least, besides whats a jet boat without a Bronco next to it in the garage.
See you in June
Jason
San Antonio, TX

OP
OP
Rockrawl

Rockrawl

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the info! Sounds like the Bronco will probably be coming with :)

We just spent the day with a realtor looking at rentals (we want to rent for 6-12mo to feel out the city before buying) and none of the houses have room for my flatbed. Any ideas? Do you guys rent storage for yours?
PS we are looking in the NW within 15min or so of the UTSA hospital.