• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

mp435 run it hydrolic or manual?

jimmyhat

Not sure what to do i have some guy telling me run it hydrolic thus the manual...

Any ideas?
What you running your np435 as?

Fishmanndotcom

Loc.
senoia, GA
mines manual (clutch fork) and i have no problem with it. if you feel its too stiff of a clutch go with hydrualic clutch

-cutts-

OP
OP
J

jimmyhat

Well i just literally got the manual bellhousing so i guess its manual for me as well! Just need the linkage and other parts.. The only thing i hate about buying piece by piece things! Anyone hav a schematic on a Np435? Or a 302 91 manual?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Just use all the stock bronco V8 bellhousing, fork, linkage and the like. The only thing that is needed for the '91 is a properly balanced flywheel. I believe there is a F150 or F250 application. I will avoid quoting it as I don't know exactly what it is.

The buety of the NP435 is that it bolts to the original 3 speed perfectly. When finding clutch parts you simply need stock bronco 3 speed parts to make it work.

OP
OP
J

jimmyhat

I have a tabbed style clutch fork
The picture should be explanatory circled is what i need.
I have the 302 ford 5.oL flywheel clutch and bellhousing with fork only. Needed is the rest of whats missing thats circled...
Wished it was a complete deal so i could have taken apart easier to put back the way it came off!!! but it wasn't im pieceing it back together.
Oh and off the top of anyones head do they know the sized bolts for the bellhouding? Missing alot of bolts....
The circled items above minus the fork can i purcahse these parts from any local dealership? New???

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Basically you need a clutch the part that is circled is the pressure plate but you also need a new clutch disc, throw out bearing and pilot bearing almost all clutch kits come with all that.
There are some hydraulic kits out there but they will cost some $$. I'd stick with the manual setup if you dont like high pedal pressures make sure you get a diaphagm type clutch they give lighter pedal pressures than the standard 3 fingered Long style pressure plates.
I'd hit up a junk yard for the bellhousing bolts. Are you swapping out a 3 speed tranny? If so all you need to remove is the tranny itself everything else is the same.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
There is a tech article about the hydraulic setup in the transmission section.This should help you if you decided to go with a hydraulic setup. It avoids using the big dollar hydraulic clutch setups and uses a slave cylinder to do all the work. I didn't reread the article but I think he said he put $60-$100 in the whole setup. This is what I am going to do when I get to that point in my build and I have the NP also. This will also eliminate the need for any linkages.