• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 21'/22' bronco experience as of today.....

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If anyone had any doubt about the ineptness of Ford's bronco scheduling and builds.....here's my Ford bronco experience lol. I'm a 7/13/20 10:22pm cst reservation for a 2D 2.7l Badlands with Sasq, High package. No tow, no ppf, no roof racks.....
On Bronco6g, there's a google doc for each build week for members to enter their build, and then post their window sticker info once it's issued. In the google doc for the week of 2/28 there are 71 members who've entered their info..... there are two door broncos with window stickers, there are Badlands with window stickers, there are 2.7l with window stickers, there are High packages with window stickers, there are Sasq with window stickers.
So why did those parts get used on broncos that were reserved after(some were months afterwards) my 7/13/20 reservation? I don't get it. Allocation(I have a vin so that's not the issue), gather the parts needed for my build(listed above and were obviously available) and was the only 7/13 reservation in the google doc, yet I was bumped from 2/28 to 3/7. I've had a vin since 12/9, first build date was 1/31, then pushed to 2/7, then 2/14, then 2/28 and now 3/7. The ONLY thing keeping from walking away is that I don't want my dealer who's been nearly worthless throughout this entire deal to make any ADM on my bronco after it finally shows up. I've not heard from my dealer since I reordered in 11/21'.....

I left out the part about waiting weeks for Ford to grant a dealer transfer to another dealer and then giving up and the hours spent on hold with the Bronco customer service line........

100% done with Ford after this. If my Ford stock makes it back up to $25 again(should have sold it a few weeks ago when it went to $25) I'm selling. I'll never spend another dime on anything Ford produces.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Keep hanging in there brother.. Don't let that dealership keep it and make that big mark up.

Almost there

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I feel your pain. My order was not as early as you but I am over 6 months since ordering and dont have a VIN or build date, but I do know you are not alone. Hang in there get the bronco and if you hate it just sell it and get your money back. Like you said dont give the mark up to the dealer for sure!

TNcoupe

Finally got my email for a 3/21 build week. Same boat as you. Very early morning 7/14 reservation and been watching multiple Badlands like mine roll out for people that had reservations after me.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Finally got my email for a 3/21 build week. Same boat as you. Very early morning 7/14 reservation and been watching multiple Badlands like mine roll out for people that had reservations after me.

Yeah it's frustrating. The first pic is from a Google doc on bronco6g where anyone who had a 3/7 build week could enter their info and when(if) their window sticker appeared they could enter their blend date and rotation number etc. First pic is the folks who didn't get a window sticker this week and got bumped to another build week. Look how many early reservations there are! Second pic is of those who got window stickers, notice many of their reservation dates, or lack of reservation dates in some cases. The dealer allocation debacle really really screwed thousands and thousands of first three day reservation folks.

20220305_063328.jpg 20220305_063941.jpg

eb-nutt1

I'm guessing small town dealer? My local dealer has only received 1 of 8 ordered through them, all day one or two reserves, but they did receive both of their mannequins allocated because they a 100% fill rate on their orders. They sold both mannequins within a month of receiving. Like you the dealer is not bothering to communicate with the customers.

Brian

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm guessing small town dealer? My local dealer has only received 1 of 8 ordered through them, all day one or two reserves, but they did receive both of their mannequins allocated because they a 100% fill rate on their orders. They sold both mannequins within a month of receiving. Like you the dealer is not bothering to communicate with the customers.

Brian
Not sure how small is small, but it's a dealer on the outskirts of OKC. As of October they had none of their orders built. Last I heard from another who had ordered a FE through them, none of their FE had been built either including the owner of the dealership. That was as of November.

eb-nutt1

My local dealer is in a town of 15k, last new cars they received was Dec, came in on a hotshot instead if a car hauler...they basically need to close the doirs

ngsd

Bronco Guru
So they cant get the chips yet and are building more to sit in the mud pit? Not sure I would be so excited about that. Glad you got some info but it still is frustrating knowing that it is built and sitting unprotected for so long.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So they cant get the chips yet and are building more to sit in the mud pit? Not sure I would be so excited about that. Glad you got some info but it still is frustrating knowing that it is built and sitting unprotected for so long.
Those that are being build now are being shipped, those at ice mountain are getting chips and shipped as they can. My bronco will probably never spend a minute inside here unless I pull it into the shop before a hail storm.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Those that are being build now are being shipped, those at ice mountain are getting chips and shipped as they can. My bronco will probably never spend a minute inside here unless I pull it into the shop before a hail storm.
That wouldn't surprise me but it still makes no sense. Why would they use chips to build and ship new ones while the ones built are sitting? If they can get chips wouldn't they want those gone first?

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That wouldn't surprise me but it still makes no sense. Why would they use chips to build and ship new ones while the ones built are sitting? If they can get chips wouldn't they want those gone first?
We are talking about Ford and the new broncos remember lol? It doesn't have to makes sense for them to do it.

TNcoupe

My theory is they are building and shipping Broncos for people that had earlier reservations than the ones sitting in the mud. Also think they are getting more 2 doors out since they had a massive delay in those for the 2021 model.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm actually seeing the shipping tags both convoy and rail from builds this week. Folks are posting them on the forums. Haven't seen any mention of ice mountain rides moving out.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
My theory is they are building and shipping Broncos for people that had earlier reservations than the ones sitting in the mud. Also think they are getting more 2 doors out since they had a massive delay in those for the 2021 model.
I would like to think that but I was a day one res and sitting on Ice Mountain still.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Just checked my build again and today it was updated as built and in transit. I guess now we will see how long that takes.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Hopefully these are not all stock pictures they are sending us! Mine was built on the 9th and still waiting to hear about delivery. Ill keep it until my new truck comes in but that may be a while now too. My wife may want it then.