• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my 3 link

broncodude_73

katemcy3linkfishin029.jpg

Im not big on takin pictures so this is what i got. Basically I've built 2 lower control arms and on the passenger side i built an upper arm comin off the lower to set caster,camber,and pinion angle. All the links are adjustable as of right now except for my track bar which i will come back later when i have time again and put a heim joint on the axle side.
katemcy3linkfishin036.jpg

katemcy3linkfishin057.jpg

the whole reason i started this project was because i broke an axle shaft u-joint in shiloh ridge so i figure while i got every thing tore apart i may as well build a new suspension put chromo shafts up front and finally step up to a detroit, and it was worth all the work.
katemcy3linkfishin061.jpg

katemcy3linkfishin067.jpg

It took forever to build these damn shok hoops, but i think they came out nice. I took the 6'' lift shocks off of the back of my powerstroke and stuck um on the bronc to make the katemcy run. I ordered another set when we got back cause they worked perfectly.
katemcy3linkfishin084.jpg

katemcy3linkfishin090.jpg

katemcy3linkfishin092.jpg

I love it.
I also went ahead and disked my rear 9'' and shaved the housing for more clearance.
katemcy3linkfishin064.jpg

it made a huge difference just a little more ground clearance.

OP
OP
broncodude_73

broncodude_73

Lake Charles, Louisiana

Your part of LSEB club? Are you gonna be at Katemcy this weekend? I love that place CRAWL Mag. is supposed to be there this weekend.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I'm not going to make it to Katemcy this weekend, but there will be some of the LEBC guys there.

Yeah, I hang out and wheel with the LEBC guys, they're good people. ;D

I've got to work, then I'll probably hang out with a friend of mine coming up from Crowley, just down the road from you. He's bringing a cooler full of boudin, and I'm thinking with that and a few cases of beer, things could get fun around here pretty quick.;D

Y'all be safe out there.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
neat deal. looks like it's working well for ya. how much caster did you put in it?
what rear rotors did you use?

lodnirgs

Loc.
Louisiana
I have seen this work in person. It is firstclass craftsmanship and Broncodude is open for business. He has done work for me and I am very pleased.

OP
OP
broncodude_73

broncodude_73

I set the caster to stock 3.5 degrees+ at ride height.
The rotors are 1/2 ton Dana44 Ford like what would be on a 79 F-150 4x4

Thanks!! lodnirgs I should have your drive shaft next week some time.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
That looks like a whole lot easier to deal with caster than those C-bushings, etc. Excellent job on the 3-link, I really like it. Now when you going to do the rear? ;D

OP
OP
broncodude_73

broncodude_73

I'm going to leave the rear alone. I like the stability that the leaves give me. I did invert my shocks in the rear, but i'm not done with that yet.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
That looks great and good work.
Not big on taking pics I think I have to call bs because the first pics are BIG;D just messin with ya;)