• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My '69 Build

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This thing has a mind of its own it seems. Very touchy to working around with the maps and uploading stuff. It will run fine one second, then it starts doing weird shit the next time I try and run it. Frustrating so far. Also, the damn thing still won't go into closed loop. I am getting voltage from my O2 sensor, I have verified that my IAC is working, RPM signal is coming through. I don't know what is going on. Going to contact Holley support.

Congrats Devin! About time eh?;D

Were you talking about the closed-loop idle control? (which is always active if engine running) or the closed-loop modification of injector pulse, whihc only kicks in if the coolant temp is above the threshold (mine is at 180).

That idle control is one picky pesky son of a gun to get right. Too daggone many variable involved even for getting the warm idle performance to act right..worse when you include the cold-start and below tem parameters thrown in. I can tell you that I've spent far more tuning time on that danged idle control than with any other factor.

That 'delayed start' behavior is typical Holley defaut setting in the ECM...it can be tweaked too.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I never messed with my cold start up enrichment tables. it kinda warns you not to.

The delayed start. about 2 full revolutions is just how long it takes for the ecu to see rpm.

I still wish I could find a pro to tune mine. it runs good but I just cant stop thinking it could be better. hell I tuned it so how good could that be?

OP
OP
Devin

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I was talking about the closed loop mod after the engine warms up. What was wrong? Basically I was an idiot. The original map that Bax sent me was lean. Just playing around, I tried a richer map supplied by Holley. It ran a lot closer to the A/F voltage that I was looking for, but the compensation box was stuck at 100% no matter what. Well, I looked at the O2 compensation table and noticed that all of the negative compensation limits were set at zero. So, it was doing exactly what it was being told to - nothing. ;)

And I don't think I am going to mess too much with the cold start table. I am just going to try to mess with the throttle blades, IAC parked position, and the cranking pulse width.