• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco is stolen!

wonderbread93

I kind of regret I didn't try to drop the guy in my truck, but then again there was at least 2 of them, and there was a thrid guy at the gas station that I think was a bystander, but can't be sure. And who knew if they had any weapons on them, i for one had on shorts and a t-shirt and not even a cell phone. A worse ending of the story would be having my ass kicked AND had the truck stolen.

Louie

Bronco Guru
wonderbread93 said:
First time post.

Seabiscuit, I felt your pain last night, but lucked out and got my truck back after it was stolen.

Last night around 1:00am, in San Francisco, I thought I heard my Bronco start up across the street, checked out the window and where I remembered parking my truck there was an empty spot. Went outside to double check, and heard my truck start back up around the corner, ran down the street saw my truck driving off with a Toyota truck following, and heard the driver of one of the cars yell to the other he needed gas. Both trucks took off down the street, while I sprinted after them. Ran antoher couple blocks to the gas station, saw my truck in front of the pump, pulled the driver door open, yelled some expletives and pulled the guy out of my truck. Jumped in, drove home called the cops, but the two dudes were long gone.

Any ideas on how to theft proof truck, I'm going to look into some hood lock pins, and club, maybe a fuel cut off switch?

That's pretty crazy. Were you able to go back to sleep?

Get a Grant removable steering wheel. It's a very visible and effective theft deterrent for a little over $100.

wonderbread93

I did not get to sleep around 4:30am, still had the adrenaline going.

I saw someone mention the removable steering wheel in a previous thread, sounds like a great idea. I think I will take your suggestion and order one today along with the hood pin locks.

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
I have one of those locking devices that you put over your brake pedal. I'm sure that there are ways around it but at least it might slow down or deter an ameteur thief. It is amazingly simple to hotwire a bronco, something even my 7 year-old could do if I taught her. Installing a kill switch is also a good idea and very simple to do. The idea is to make sure that anyone who steals your bronco has to at least work for it and know what they're doing.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
wonderbread93 said:
First time post.

Seabiscuit, I felt your pain last night, but lucked out and got my truck back after it was stolen.

Last night around 1:00am, in San Francisco, I thought I heard my Bronco start up across the street, checked out the window and where I remembered parking my truck there was an empty spot. Went outside to double check, and heard my truck start back up around the corner, ran down the street saw my truck driving off with a Toyota truck following, and heard the driver of one of the cars yell to the other he needed gas. Both trucks took off down the street, while I sprinted after them. Ran antoher couple blocks to the gas station, saw my truck in front of the pump, pulled the driver door open, yelled some expletives and pulled the guy out of my truck. Jumped in, drove home called the cops, but the two dudes were long gone.

Any ideas on how to theft proof truck, I'm going to look into some hood lock pins, and club, maybe a fuel cut off switch?

OMG that was close! You know, a kill switch was on my to do list. Don't be like me - get it done.

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
I feel for all of you that have to leave your rig outside. Im just across the bay form SF. Luckily, i sleep about 8 ft away from my rig(the garage and the bedroom share a common wall), and about 6" away from my HK USP40.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
HotWheels said:
I got a frame and some spare parts....we CAN rebuild her....
Madgyver said:
I have a rolling chassis with tub I'd gladly give to you. It's the ocean that separates us.
bax said:
Fla to WA. is going to be tough but I will offer. 1, 66 rolling frame with motor 6, trans 3sp, d20, also an extra "d30 excellent shape" complete. front bumper/ tow bar.
Grover said:
I bought a 76 that was running but has some rust issues. I bought it with the intentions of building it up for my wife and for fun. I paid 4K for it which was about 3500 too much. It has a 351 W and all the goodies that came with a 76. I have cut out the inner rear wheel well and have the new pieces to put it back together. I may be taking a job in Louisville Ky and may or may not have the room for the EB. If I don't (and I should know by the end of the year about the job and housing) you can have the EB. I will hopefully one day be able to buy another. My wife and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks so all of the possible job change moving locating a new house and having a new child is going to be a lot to handle. If this all comes together and it is that I can't keep the EB hopefully we can find someone to ship it to you, or a relay of EB owners meeting to haul it out to you.
ford fan 1969 said:
My offer for the 77 tub still stands you will just need from door posts forward and I do have a parts truck with most of the small stuff if you need any of that. I might be able to talk to some truckers I know they have been known to sneak some stuff into the trailer in the past.

I've been talking to folks out there trying to find a dead Bronco or some version of a frame and body. Nothing has panned out though. I have some time this morning so I went back and reread this thread and came up with these offers. I'm thinking hawaii is out of the question, but what do I know? Still, there has to be some way I can make something work out. So this is the issue: I need a frame and body. Would you members I have quoted here, mind revisiting this and tell me where you are at. Is it still available? I want to kick this in the rear and make something happen.