• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco is stolen!

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I have some front end stuff and a good 30 and a good 9 in with brakes, and 4 tanks , and necks and such, a good door and wiper stuff, biscuit has bumpers and I hope a wiring harness. Door glass topp glass ETC!!!!!!
I also got wheels, Oh this may be a good reason to clean out my garage.
After Seabiscuit makes an inventory and gets a frame. I will make a complete inventory, I may need to have the stuff shipped to a nearby shop for convenience and security, as delivery would be when I am at work , and this shop is open when the deliveries are made. Unless anyone else has a suggestion?
I just think shipping to my house all the time would be a pain for me to miss the stuff all the time. Yeah the trucks most time drop, and leave but me running down to Fedex and brown has happened a lot :(

ford fan 1969

Loc.
North Webster Ind
My offer for the 77 tub still stands you will just need from door posts forward and I do have a parts truck with most of the small stuff if you need any of that. I might be able to talk to some truckers I know they have been known to sneak some stuff into the trailer in the past.

Grover

Loc.
luhavull
I bought a 76 that was running but has some rust issues. I bought it with the intentions of building it up for my wife and for fun. I paid 4K for it which was about 3500 too much. It has a 351 W and all the goodies that came with a 76. I have cut out the inner rear wheel well and have the new pieces to put it back together.
I may be taking a job in Louisville Ky and may or may not have the room for the EB. If I don't (and I should know by the end of the year about the job and housing) you can have the EB. I will hopefully one day be able to buy another. My wife and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks so all of the possible job change moving locating a new house and having a new child is going to be a lot to handle. If this all comes together and it is that I can't keep the EB hopefully we can find someone to ship it to you, or a relay of EB owners meeting to haul it out to you.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Its funny how rigs will turn up down the road. I got a call about a truck I had sold three years earlier, seems it was parked in a gravel pit and the owners were tired of looking at it and would I come get my truck? I stayed out and they eventually found the real owner. (wasn't worth re-owning).

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Yeah I wish someone would call and tell this to Seabiscuit , I mean call him and tell him to come and get it, I saw one very similar today and drug my 22 wheeler way back off the hiway to look at it, Ok so It wasn't it, just gotta keep lookin :'(

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Grover said:
I bought a 76 that was running but has some rust issues. I bought it with the intentions of building it up for my wife and for fun. I paid 4K for it which was about 3500 too much. It has a 351 W and all the goodies that came with a 76. I have cut out the inner rear wheel well and have the new pieces to put it back together.
I may be taking a job in Louisville Ky and may or may not have the room for the EB. If I don't (and I should know by the end of the year about the job and housing) you can have the EB. I will hopefully one day be able to buy another. My wife and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks so all of the possible job change moving locating a new house and having a new child is going to be a lot to handle. If this all comes together and it is that I can't keep the EB hopefully we can find someone to ship it to you, or a relay of EB owners meeting to haul it out to you.
May be a feasable idea

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Wow, it's awesome of you guys to be thinking of me in this way. I wish I wasn't so damn dysfunctional right now. This theft has really knocked me down a few pegs and now I'm reduced to focusing on day-to-day stuff like how the heck do I get to the grocery store. Sheesh. I'm feeling a bit chatty so let me say a bit about the horsey doo doo that is my life. I had to sell my little ricer sometime back as a consequence of tight funds due to a careeer change. I used to be a web developer, and that was all fine and good until dot-bomb and 9/11 and cyber coolie outsourcing or whatever I want to blame it on made for three years of not getting re-employed in the field. I was persistant but sometimes you just have to face the facts. I went back to my old profession which is a pos but I could do it and there didn't seem to be much choice. So my buddy and I start up this painting business doing custom home interiors. We decide to focus on high end stuff as our niche, the kind of work that requires lots of skill. This is good as it eliminates most competition. I don't know if anyone of you has ever started a business but let me say it's not that easy. It's been extremely tight financially for both of us but after almost one year we are beginning to ride on word of mouth. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel if you will. This skinny wallet thing is the reason I sold the car and why I was down to driving my truck. Anyway I don't know where I was going with this - but now you know the details. I have to leave and go to work now. You all have a fine day and much thanks from me.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Wow, it's awesome of you guys to be thinking of me in this way. I wish I wasn't so damn dysfunctional right now. This theft has really knocked me down a few pegs and now I'm reduced to focusing on day-to-day stuff like how the heck do I get to the grocery store. Sheesh. I'm feeling a bit chatty so let me say a bit about the horsey doo doo that is my life. I had to sell my little ricer sometime back as a consequence of tight funds due to a careeer change. I used to be a web developer, and that was all fine and good until dot-bomb and 9/11 and cyber coolie outsourcing or whatever I want to blame it on made for three years of not getting re-employed in the field. I was persistant but sometimes you just have to face the facts. I went back to my old profession which is a pos but I could do it and there didn't seem to be much choice. So my buddy and I start up this painting business doing custom home interiors. We decide to focus on high end stuff as our niche, the kind of work that requires lots of skill. This is good as it eliminates most competition. I don't know if anyone of you has ever started a business but let me say it's not that easy. It's been extremely tight financially for both of us but after almost one year we are beginning to ride on word of mouth. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel if you will. This skinny wallet thing is the reason I sold the car and why I was down to driving my truck. Anyway I don't know where I was going with this - but now you know the details. I have to leave and go to work now. You all have a fine day and much thanks from me.

I don't have too much stuff, but if the time comes where you need some interior parts just PM me and I'll give them to you. I will be at SOB in Aug 06, and will bring any heavy stuff to you then. I know it's probably not that helpful right now, but any little bit helps. BTW, for those who are on this post, perhaps we could start a sticky donation post to get SeaBiscuit back on the road.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
BTW Seabiscuit this is an aside, but as a contractor with my own business as well my first rule is, make sure you charge what you are worth. The business will come, but not charging enough will kill you in the beginning. The referrals will come in time. I personally switched from the corporate world to contracting and even though there is a scare you couldn't pay me to go back. Love the freedom of schedule.

cisco

i havent had my bronco long enough to have any spare parts laying about- but if a wishlist or somethign was made- i could help out with somethin..

seabiscuit - best of luck to you man.

..liking that avatar too ;)

raharr3

Loc.
Linden,Ca
make your list I have a battery tray and maybe rear drum brake stuff off of my BB 9 that I converted to disc.

Attachments

• P6210028.JPG
    P6210028.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
swa0330 said:
BTW Seabiscuit this is an aside, but as a contractor with my own business as well my first rule is, make sure you charge what you are worth. The business will come, but not charging enough will kill you in the beginning. The referrals will come in time. I personally switched from the corporate world to contracting and even though there is a scare you couldn't pay me to go back. Love the freedom of schedule.

Wise advice. As it is right now, the work is coming at us steady and urgent. Seems everyone wants it done now or yesterday. The hurdle we face is the need to expand. We lose alot of jobs because we just can't find skilled help. That's a topic I could go into ad infinitum. Anyway, I thought you might like to see a sample. Here's a shot of a hearth I just finished.

Attachments

• Re-exposure of Resize of PB130459.JPG
    Re-exposure of Resize of PB130459.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 109
OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
It'd be easier to make a list of what I don't need. Here's what I have:
2 chrome bumpers,
steering wheel,
duraspark setup w/302 dizzy,
302 water pump,
heater core,
bolt-on ws frame,
electric wiper setup,
main tank,
2 duff's 70/30 shocks,
plus alot of little stuff like lenses and gaskets and such.
What I really need is a frame or frame and tub. This is the key to getting going. Feitctaj has axles to put under it so we can make it roll. I have access to good welding assistance so cancer can be handled. Dents I don't care about. You know, ever since helping HotWheels with his ground-up build, I've fantasized about doing one myself. I never thought it would come about this way. I've been around long enough to know these trucks well. I can do this. In fact, like alot of you, to work on one is like a form of therapy. It is good for the soul. Speaking of therapy, that's the reason I got a Bronco in the first place. I was religious about taking it to the mountains once a month for some grounding. It's been awhile now and I really miss that.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
well at least you still have the chrome bumpers I gave you....looks like we're gonna get this done. I don't want to sound condesending (sp?);but,I am proud of the way all of you guys are pulling together in this very hard time. Just put yourself in Mike's place....I think I'd be insane right now....or perhaps I'd go sane? After all I'm insane now...

Mike...perhaps this would also be a great opportunity for a Bronco Driver write-up? Showin the progress and all??

Mick

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
WOW! I haven't been following this post since right after the beginning...
Here are a few things I've got laying around that you can have. I'm over in Cashmere (between Leavenworth & Wenatchee on Hwy 2).
an ugly torn up rear seat
4 shocks, 2 are Duff 70/30. All 3 1/2 lift
New WH steering stablizer
4 point roll bar (hoop w/ bars that attach ontop of the wheel wells)
some lenses & small stuff
power steering pump (stock type)
If you or someone is willing to come over to the East side I'll help load this stuff up for ya. Otherwise the guy that offered his whole rig to you sounds like a killer deal, if it all works out.
Good luck to ya man. We're here for you...

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
HotWheels said:
well at least you still have the chrome bumpers I gave you....looks like we're gonna get this done. I don't want to sound condesending (sp?);but,I am proud of the way all of you guys are pulling together in this very hard time. Just put yourself in Mike's place....I think I'd be insane right now....or perhaps I'd go sane? After all I'm insane now...

Mike...perhaps this would also be a great opportunity for a Bronco Driver write-up? Showin the progress and all??

Mick

Yeah I came close to only having one bumper left. I was a week away from mounting one on the rear. Whew! There were parts inside of it that are gone now though. Wire harness, flywheel clutch and bellhousing, hylift, and more, and all my tools too. :mad: Seems I'm starting over there as well.
I've been mulling over what way I can do to honor all of you. Give it a name and/or a special paintjob of sorts. I'm open to ideas.
It's already my plan to document this here but submitting to the mag is an excellent suggestion too.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
KJHill said:
WOW! I haven't been following this post since right after the beginning...
Here are a few things I've got laying around that you can have. I'm over in Cashmere (between Leavenworth & Wenatchee on Hwy 2).
an ugly torn up rear seat
4 shocks, 2 are Duff 70/30. All 3 1/2 lift
New WH steering stablizer
4 point roll bar (hoop w/ bars that attach ontop of the wheel wells)
some lenses & small stuff
power steering pump (stock type)
If you or someone is willing to come over to the East side I'll help load this stuff up for ya. Otherwise the guy that offered his whole rig to you sounds like a killer deal, if it all works out.
Good luck to ya man. We're here for you...
Thanks. The difficulty is that we're spread out all over the country and I can't afford to ship anything (maybe in a couple of months..). I do have the ability to pick up things inside this state though. Feitctaj is a trucker and he goes by there (Cashmere). I talked to him last night and he says it is doable. You two should communicate and work out the details. Next time I'm in Cashmere I'll come by and shake your hand.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Fla to WA. is going to be tough but I will offer. 1, 66 rolling frame with motor 6, trans 3sp, d20, also an extra "d30 excellent shape" complete. front bumper/ tow bar.

Bax

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Give it a name and/or a special paintjob of sorts. I'm open to ideas. It's already my plan to document this here but submitting to the mag is an excellent suggestion too.

"Enterprise"
"With Friends like These" (article)
"true blue"

:)