• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco is stolen!

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
WTF!!! :mad: No frigging way!!! Mike!! Damn...

Bad things happen to the nicest people!! :eek:

I hate frigging thieves!!

PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL. U CAN USE MY VEHICLE. IT'S INSURED, NO WORRIES. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
It really means alot to me having all your eyes out looking for me. There's no word yet and I'm still optimistic it'll turn up. When it does if it does it's likely to by pretty ugly though. I'm braced for that. Anything can be fixed I guess.

At the same time I'm not able to receive email. Someone sent me a really huge one that is clogging up the pipe. Sheesh.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
SeaBiscuit68 said:
It really means alot to me having all your eyes out looking for me. There's no word yet and I'm still optimistic it'll turn up. When it does if it does it's likely to by pretty ugly though. I'm braced for that. Anything can be fixed I guess.

At the same time I'm not able to receive email. Someone sent me a really huge one that is clogging up the pipe. Sheesh.
Does your email have a web interface? Sometimes you can get to a large message and delete it that way. (I have to do that about once a year when some joker decides to slam me with a huge message)

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
SaddleUp said:
Does your email have a web interface? Sometimes you can get to a large message and delete it that way. (I have to do that about once a year when some joker decides to slam me with a huge message)

Yeah it's gmail. I've tried going to the web interface but keep getting denied access for some reason. I've set it up in outlook express because gmail supports pop3 protocol. Which I prefer so I can keep my mail local. I'm using dial-up presently and it keeps timing out but my solution is to get over to someone's house who has high speed and temporarily set up an account there to empty the pipe. Then a polite request to whoever sent me this to ease up a bit on me. You know everything gets hard when you are on foot. Haven't been in this position in many a moon. I've got good friends though and I'll be alright. Hopefully after today I'll have some wheels and get this email thing cleared up. I think I've had my quota of difficulties for a while.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Just an FYI your garage isn't safe either, a buddy lost one last year from his garage while he was home. Sucks. Some guys are determined and it doesn't take long to hot wire a Bronco. A cut off switch is a good idea but isn't going to slow them down for long. I like the disconnectable steering wheels but that doesn't stop a tow truck or flat bed with a winch. Guess we have to chain them down these days.
Have you talked to your neighbors? might help.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
My condolences and sympathies, and all other appropriate feelings for your hopefully temporary loss. I had a Z car stolen once and I went thru just about every negative emotion there is. There ought to be a twelve step program vehicular theft victims. I still fantasize using a Louisville Slugger on the perps knees and rib cage. I'm don't have that killer instinct, but a good maiming would be quite satisfying ;D
Eventually I got to the point where the insurance pay off was more important to me than recovering the car, and just my luck, the car was found :'( I already had a Dakota convertible picked out as a replacement, but alas, it wasn't in the cards for me.

Are there any distiguishable parts on your Bronco that would be noticable if it were to show up on eBay? Like mis-matched tires, or a custom spare tire rack, or pink Miata seats, or smiley faces painted on the punkins, etc?

I too will be on the lookout for you. I'm now living on Whidbey Island as of a few days ago. I spent the last six weeks living in Tacoma and didn't see a single Classic Bronco the entire time. I did get lots of compliments on mine tho.

I'm wondering tho, since our rides are so few and far between, anybody selling Bronco parts on eBay, Craigs List, or in the Truck Trader is a potential suspect. A chop shop selling Bronco parts has got to be hella rare compared to the ones selling 'yotas or Hondas, etc...

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
SeaBiscuit68 said:
Yeah it's gmail. I've tried going to the web interface but keep getting denied access for some reason. I've set it up in outlook express because gmail supports pop3 protocol. Which I prefer so I can keep my mail local. I'm using dial-up presently and it keeps timing out but my solution is to get over to someone's house who has high speed and temporarily set up an account there to empty the pipe. Then a polite request to whoever sent me this to ease up a bit on me. You know everything gets hard when you are on foot. Haven't been in this position in many a moon. I've got good friends though and I'll be alright. Hopefully after today I'll have some wheels and get this email thing cleared up. I think I've had my quota of difficulties for a while.

Sorry to hear about your Bronco......good luck in recovering it!

As far as your mail......go to MAIL2WEB.COM and log in to use that to boot the large one. I had the same problem when people would send me stupdly large attachments when I was on dial up.

J. R.

OP
OP
SeaBiscuit68

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Distinguishing features. Lotsa dents and rust but I guess that doesn't really set it apart too much. Red window frame on a green body. Blue and primer gray hood. Pos aftermarket spare tire rack painted white. Back bumper is a big round pipe painted white. Old school warn winch on the front with the canvas cover. It has new white wagon wheels with new bfg ats. Blue stock seats in poor condition. Hurst shifter. BMW saddle bag for a center console. It does leave a trail of oil wherever it goes. Kinda like breadcrumbs but I could only follow that as far as the main road.Too bad I didn't run into you (figuratively) when you were here. Whidbey is nice. I'd live there. There's a couple of ponies up that way. Closer to Duff's too. I got my email flushed out finally. It was a movie about t(!!(es and beer. Thanks Randy you dog.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Keep looking, man. And when you DO get it back, maybe you should get a Bronco Guard.

bronco guard.jpg

storer23

Loc.
Edmonds, WA
Blue stock seats in poor condition

Hey those are my seats! Now I'm even more pissed, they stole my old seats!

Just want you to know I got your back up here in the north sound, I work in Lynnwood and live in Shoreline, believe me my eyes will be open. And I have no problem performing a citizen's arrest (or a beating if it comes to that).

Good luck, you'll get it back.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
storer23 said:
Hey those are my seats! Now I'm even more pissed, they stole my old seats!

Just want you to know I got your back up here in the north sound, I work in Lynnwood and live in Shoreline, believe me my eyes will be open. And I have no problem performing a citizen's arrest (or a beating if it comes to that).

Good luck, you'll get it back.

There is a EB like yours at RedRobin in Lynnwood is it yours?

jbawall

Contributor
Loc.
Edgewood, Washington
I was very saddened to read of your Bronc the other night, I met you a couple of months ago at Baxters auto parts and enjoyed talking to you. If you guys haven't met Mike yet he is one heck of a nice guy. I am in Edgewood and will difinately be keeping my eyes peeled. Meanwhile I will keep checking in and waiting for some good news.
Keep your head up!

pepper76usa

Loc.
Hiram GA
:'( Man this suck's! I know your pain first hand, I spent
5 years building mine and had the same thing happen 3 years ago this very week.
I hope they find yours, they never even found a peice of mine. I'll keep an eagle eye here in GA for ya. Hey if you find them call me, I'll come help ya put the "Pain Train" on them. Mine was green with pipe bumpers also.
http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3136&sort=1&cat=all&page=1