• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

mystery knob on dash

buckstone

Loc.
los angeles, ca
in between the lights knob and the wiper knob - there is a black knob that is unmarked. if i look behind the dash, it has a metal wire that had been cut - so it just sticks out behind the metal dash - looks like it broke some time ago with the po. any idea what this black knob corresponds to ??

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I haven't run out to take a look, but I think the emergency flasher is located between the headlight switch and the wiper switch. What year is your Bronco?

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
On my 72 the hand throttle is to the left of the column....I'm sure this varies year to year though.. %)

Bronconut

On my 76 there is nothing between the lights and wiper, if yours is a 76 like your avatar says. I would agree with Broncobowsher about an aftermarket choke control. It could be a hand throttle also, but all the factory ones I've seen are to the left of the speedo cluster.

OP
OP
B

buckstone

Loc.
los angeles, ca
i have a 76 ranger. think that it must be an old choke knob -located between the wiper knob and lights knob. i currently have electronic choke control on the carb - so i guess that this knob is no longer needed??. thanks for all the replies.

RT

Bronco Guru
Passenger seat ejector... :D

Heh Heh Heh...

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
RT said:
Passenger seat ejector... :D

Heh Heh Heh...

That's what I was thinking!!!

My 71 has (going left to right) headlights, ignition switch and lighter across the top, and flasher, brake light, and wipers across the bottom. Any one else have the ignition switch on the top row?

Baja71

Bronco Guru
tcjones76 said:
That's what I was thinking!!!

My 71 has (going left to right) headlights, ignition switch and lighter across the top, and flasher, brake light, and wipers across the bottom. Any one else have the ignition switch on the top row?

Yes, but mine is a 71 also. They dropped them down later.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Baja71 said:
Yes, but mine is a 71 also. They dropped them down later.

Mine was on top, until I cut the dash apart and rearranged all the knobs and switches to where I wanted them, and added a few gauges as well.

Attachments

• P2270034.JPG
    P2270034.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 28