• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Name this part?

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
Besides calling it rusted to S… What would you guys call the part so I can do I search and get the correct part?

I call this part the eBrake cable bracket. The pedal moves with no problem, but I don't think it's worth blasting and painting.

It's off my '77

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 131

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I call it a parking brake pedal assembly. ‘77 was slightly different from other years.....

diggs00

Besides calling it rusted to S… What would you guys call the part so I can do I search and get the correct part?

I call this part the eBrake cable bracket. The pedal moves with no problem, but I don't think it's worth blasting and painting.

It's off my '77

Thank you

i blasted mine and painted it with sem trim black, turned out nice. I would keep it, the old parts have a much better quality than current replacement parts.

OP
OP
gmduncan

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
i blasted mine and painted it with sem trim black, turned out nice. I would keep it, the old parts have a much better quality than current replacement parts.

I'm keeping everything. I have nothing but time, so I'll give it a shot blasting it. Thank you

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, as mentioned, put some time into it. The biggest problem is if the ratchet latch is worn. I also seem to remember a small spring. Good luck

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I would dip it before blasting it. Nearly impossible to get that grit out of the joints. The rust dissolving juice that is out these days is pretty good.

OP
OP
gmduncan

gmduncan

Contributor
Loc.
Annapolis
Soaked the part in Evapo-Rust over night...

A lot better...

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 33