• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need a little help from someone near El Cajon, CA

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Is there anyone near El Cajon who can pick up 8 K&N filters that we had staged at BFG pits, but didn't use? They need to be picked up at Spirit Racing on Dell View Rd this Tusday (NOV. 20th) between 12:00 noon and 7:00 p.m. - I'll pay $50 + actual cost of shipping to get them picked up and shipped back to my place in TX. The filters cost me about $60 each! If you can do it, please email me asap at scott@coachbarnes.com. I'll have to give you a letter of authorization and let them know you'll be coming. Thanks in advance!

Scott

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Scott I forwarded this to the So Cal Broncos list. We've got a lot of folks down in that area, hopefully someone can help out.

Dusty

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Posted this request on the 18th. 3 hrs and a half hours later, 2 people had offered to help. 2 days later, one of those who offered has my filters in hand and shipping to me in Dallas. Unreal.

Is this a great group of guys, or what?!! ;D

Have a Terrific Turkey day, ya'll.

Scott

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
A few years back a friend at work asked for some help locating a replacement head for a 460/429. He had been looking for over a year and could only locate a company making new castings for a few hundred $ each. I posted to one of the Bronco lists and within 30 minutes I had a low mileage set of heads at a fair price. Its great having contacts like this that you can count on to come through.
Tom

behemoth

Bronco Guru
Filters left today two boxes 4 each should be there next week.

The bronco owners are a group all there own. Glad to do it and good luck next time.

Happy Thanksgiving.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I am reminded of a similar situation that involved me several years ago. My parents wanted to give me their old but in very good condition big screen television, but they were in Rockwall Texas and I was in Batesville Arkansas.

The word went out and a guy in Rockwall, a member here, went over to my parents and loaded it up, taking it to his home for safe storage until another member passing through could pick it up, and take it to still another members place of employment where I could pick it up within a hundred miles of my home.

Now this was a very heavy television and the guy in Rockwall had to take some help with him to load this thing up, and they all could not have been nicer to my parents in doing so. In fact, my parents offered to reimburse them for their trouble and outstanding effort but were told it was a Bronco Brotherhood thing and they could not accept. My parents reported they were some of the nicest people they had ever met.

That guy in Rockwall was none other than our Scott Barnes, the guy who needed a hand in El Cajon and got it ;)

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I am reminded of a similar situation that involved me several years ago. My parents wanted to give me their old but in very good condition big screen television, but they were in Rockwall Texas and I was in Batesville Arkansas.

The word went out and a guy in Rockwall, a member here, went over to my parents and loaded it up, taking it to his home for safe storage until another member passing through could pick it up, and take it to still another members place of employment where I could pick it up within a hundred miles of my home.

Now this was a very heavy television and the guy in Rockwall had to take some help with him to load this thing up, and they all could not have been nicer to my parents in doing so. In fact, my parents offered to reimburse them for their trouble and outstanding effort but were told it was a Bronco Brotherhood thing and they could not accept. My parents reported they were some of the nicest people they had ever met.

That guy in Rockwall was none other than our Scott Barnes, the guy who needed a hand in El Cajon and got it ;)

What are ya trying to do, Alan -- ruin my reputation! ;D

Be careful, or I'll share some of the stories those nice folks in Rockwall shared with me about a young man growing up in their household! (something about running from the cops....);D ;D

Take care amigo -- Best to you and your family.