• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need a little light switch help

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I just discovered tonight that I have my lights wired right and wrong... When I wired them up I had a pin out for the light switch for a 66 (can be found when you search for light switch diagram on here) however it is wired like the 66-70 broncos and I need to know which terminals to swap to wire it like a 71-77 so the front park lights stay on with the headlights. I know I can go out and figure it out with an ohm meter however I am taking my bronco on a trip in the am and this is something that will cost me sleep tonight till I know the fix. Does anyone have the pin out for the later years that I can compare to the early years?

95125f0809bc6451a31db1f89132ed1c.jpg

f042d70cb55a0d5b62a933b437340a03.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I think that may help, it looks like all I need to do is just pull the parking lights off their terminal and connect them (Y) with the tail light terminal, labeled exterior lights in Viper Wolf's diagram.

Thanks, now I can sleep tonight. LOL

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I think that may help, it looks like all I need to do is just pull the parking lights off their terminal and connect them (Y) with the tail light terminal, labeled exterior lights in Viper Wolf's diagram.

Thanks, now I can sleep tonight. LOL

Take the wire from the P terminal and connect it to the R terminal.

Attachments

• headlight sw connector.JPG
    headlight sw connector.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
englewoodcowboy

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Thanks Phil, since everything I have done has been crimped and soldered, do you see any reason why I couldn't just solder a jumper between the P and R terminal?