• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need advice (Rear quarter panel replacement?)

contactwilson

What would you do? My Bronco had 31's when I bought it with fender flares already cut. I put on 35's and now my clearance is very close on the front of the rear quarter panel. I don't have enough sheet metal to move the flare forward. I have some body damage and rust, so I am not opposed to put new rear quarter panels in and recut the flares. I also plan on repainting the Bronco a different color. I have attached pictures of both sides. The driver side is the one I am concerned about. I also am only running the rear 23 gallon fuel tank so I do not need the front tank filler cutout anymore and can fill that hole in. Does anyone know of any threads on how to replace the rear quarters (welding,seam sealer, etc.)? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 46

Revelation

Bronco Guru
If it were mine I would drop the rear end re drill the holes for the spring pin 1 to 1 1/2 inches forward and reinstall, extending the wheelbase and centering the axle.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The warflares from Wildhorses are flexible enough that you can make the wheel openings bigger or smaller. I would think you could stretch them wide enough to give the front part of the quarter panel enough clearance.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
What I did was install some Wh warflares for the front and rear,more than enough room for a 35" tire and will easily expand the wheel well.

Ben

OP
OP
contactwilson

contactwilson

Good suggestions. I will probably do a combination of these. Replacing the rear quarter will be the last resort. Thanks.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
If it were mine I would drop the rear end re drill the holes for the spring pin 1 to 1 1/2 inches forward and reinstall, extending the wheelbase and centering the axle.

Tough job with a 23 gal tank. Most of the larger tanks come closer to the rear end and they are lower down. If you go more than an inch the rear will hit the tank.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I have about 1" of clearance with my 25+/- gal.

DSCF0047Medium.jpg

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yours does not count. Some of the tanks come forward under the cross of the frame.