• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need exhaust opinions

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
The cool thing if you are into "hot rod" sound is dual exhaust is unique in it's own world. BIGGER the cam the cooler it sounds. You stuff 8 cylinders into one pipe and you lose the individual "lope-lope-lope" sound you have with duals and a cam. There isn't any way to run a crossover of any type tho. I'm a performance nut so I miss that aspect of scavenging exhaust but for the other 10 advantages I'll pass. :)

I hadn't seen any Broncos with their pipes going outside the frame rails when I first started thinking of routing mine that way.-I'm sure it was done, I just hadn't seen it. Gets the HEAT away from trannys, floors, exh pipes away from flipping everything like clutch linkage, coolant lines, transfer case, doublers etc, etc... clears out a TON of space without the mufflers stuffed btw the tcase and 9" yoke. At the time I was running a 20 1/2" long rear shaft and things were tight.

I recorded this 2 days ago for a friend so I"ll post it up.