• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help after EFI upgrade. Overheating.

OP
OP
B

Broncowalt

Well, I did the burping tonight and I did get quite a bit of air out of the system. I let it run quite a while and it didn't overheat. I got up to about 200 according to the gauge but I think the needle is bent. I took a measurement with an IR temp gauge and it was reading 178 at the cap area after running quite a while. I could also see the water circulating when the t-stat opened. I had to shut it down though because I noticed that I had fuel seeping out of the base of the #1 injector. Could I have ruined the o-ring when it overheated so bad? I don't remember it leaking before that. As a matter of fact after the install the first thing I had to fix was several leaks in the fuel system so I really checked it after the fixes. So I need to fix that again before I go any further.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Yes you could have ruined the o ring rare but yes many bad things can happen when you overheat as bad as to turn your headers red hot.