• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help breaking a ViN Down

Rsmith

So I got my Marti and was a bit disappointed. One thing I was hoping to find was the original color. My report says unknown (unless I am missing it). I did find it kind of cool that it was originally sold only 100 miles or so from where I bought it from the previous owner (not original owner).

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
for color, look way up in the firewall underneath the cowl, there is usually a glimpse of paint up in that area that may be able to help you narrow it down.

Rsmith

for color, look way up in the firewall underneath the cowl, there is usually a glimpse of paint up in that area that may be able to help you narrow it down.
Yea, I’ll stick my head up there and see what I can find. I figured I can find some original color somewhere. Thanks for the tip.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So your color just says "unknown" and not "Special Paint" on the Marti? And your DSO is only a two digit number and not a six digit number?

Rsmith

So your color just says "unknown" and not "Special Paint" on the Marti? And your DSO is only a two digit number and not a six digit number?
I’m sorry, it does say “special paint”, ford #”unknown”. I’ll see if I can share my report.