• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEED HELP (info ASAP) ROLLED MY BRONCO!!!

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
I rolled my bronco late last night :'( I gonna try and get it in the morning,
I was on its top for a good 20 mins, We were able to get it on its side and thats how it will sit for about 5 hours till the sun comes up.. my BIGGEST QUESTION IS: What is the starting procedure, can I just turn it over on its wheels and start it ? tons of tranny fluid dumped inside the cab, what about the OIL ? will it get past the rings? mess up my engine ? NEED ANSWERS ASAP
PLEASE!!! by the way luckily, no one was hurt , it was myself and 3 of my neighbors..
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!
sincerley, MILO

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Sorry to hear about your mishap, glad everyone is okay.

You should be able to start it right up. Yep it will probably smoke but it would never let enough oil through the rings to hydraulic a cylinder. Fill the trans with fluid, maybe tap on the carb to make sure the float didn't stick al the way up. Check your master cylinder and radiator too.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Get her on her tires and you will need: Battery, unless it was a jell cell, Trans oil,Engine oil, yes take the sparkplugs out and crank the motor to push out any oil that may have filled the cylinders. Water for the radiator, you may want to bring some gas. I dont know what side your truck is on. Rear end/front end/tcase all have vents. they may be ok, it depends on your set up. also on their sides is not as bad as upside down. power steering may have leaked but should be ok. Brakes are ok.

Glad your OK, sorry about the truck. I hope it's not too bad.

Bax

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Bring some extra oil, transmision fluid, coolant with you.

Once you have it back on 4 wheels, check all the fluids. If any fluids are low top them off, I wouldn't be surprised if you lost some oil. It wouldn't be a bad idea to just change the oil.

Then I would pull your spark plugs, remove your coil wire and turn it over for a few seconds. Just in case you got some coolant in any cylinders. It wouldn't hurt to bring a extra set of plugs with you, just incase you brake a plug.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Befor you crank it pull the plugs on the down side and make sure the cly. isnt full of oil or you could bend a rod good luck. Been there done that. In Big Bear. :p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Milo, the advice above is good. I blew out my rear drive shaft the morning after I got home from our last run or I'd come up and give you a hand. Sorry to hear this. I'm glad no one was hurt. Please let us know how it turned out.

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
Milo,

Sorry to hear that you rolled you rig. Glad no one got hurt. Hope the damage isn't too bad. Wish I was closer, I'd help you to get it. Let us know more when you can. BTW, which one did you roll?

Galen

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
720Racer said:
Milo,

Sorry to hear that you rolled you rig. Glad no one got hurt. Hope the damage isn't too bad. Wish I was closer, I'd help you to get it. Let us know more when you can. BTW, which one did you roll?

Galen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rolled the Blue Bronco :(

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
Mike--Galen, thanks you... you guys are cool..
As for the bronco,

I did pull the plugs, oil did shoot out of 3 of the back pas. cyls. cleaned the plugs w/ carb cleaner.. the only problem is my silonoid is getting stuck or something, turn the key to start it and it continues to crank the starter even thou I let off the key.. and cranks till the battery dies..I think I'll replace the silonoid, and the three plugs that got soaked w/ oil.. and get a new battery.. maybe it will start then..

The damage that my bronco sustained was Rt front fended, and Rt side grill is smashed pretty good , RT side door is dented pretty good, top of windshield frame is shifted over about 5 inches broken in the top right corner, broken windshield & pass. door glass.. hard top is trashed..(angled like a ski slope) I can say THANK YOU GOD !! for the looking out for all 4 of us , no one was hurt but a sore shoulder..

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It sounds like it's not running yet, but you must of got it to the house. It looks like you got some work ahead of you. Good luck with all of the repairs. Do you think the neighbors will ever ride with you again?

Bax

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
thats a good question? I'd say yes, there preety good friends of mine, not just reg. neighbors... I have learned quit a bit from this event, I'll be cool if I keep it alittle more mellow..
What sucks is that I climbed that same hill I rolled on w/ 2 of my neighbors 2 weeks ago...well got some work and some thinking to do
Thanks for the replys and kind works you all ;)

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
Sucks that it happened, but sounds like it could have been worse. :'( Does your blue bronco have a cage? Was the hood damaged? Hope it's not to hard to get some straight body parts on and get back to enjoying your 73'. BBB isn't too far away!! ;) Good luck getting it straightened back out.

Galen

broncoboy2828

Loc.
Boonies
wow sorry you rolled your bronco, :( but hey stuff happens, at least your out wheelin your pony mines still in the garage waiting for me to get my license!! ;D haha i enjoy listening to ya guys talk about your storys, hope you dont have to much work ahead of ya good luck!

OP
OP
4xfloored

4xfloored

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Bernardino
720Racer said:
Sucks that it happened, but sounds like it could have been worse. :'( Does your blue bronco have a cage? Was the hood damaged? Hope it's not to hard to get some straight body parts on and get back to enjoying your 73'. BBB isn't too far away!! ;) Good luck getting it straightened back out.

Galen

All that was in it was a roll bar, w/ hard top , no damage to the hood.. just rt front fender, top and right side of grill, and bent windshield frame
It will be wheelin in a couple weeks ;)