• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with my engine swap

ned72

Loc.
Truckee
I got a 91' Bronco as a donor vehicle for my 66', I need to know exactly what I need to take from it besides the obvious before I junk it.?:?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
302 or 351?

Since you are going to junk it, just grab all the little stuff. Although I don't recomend using the intake or computer, grab them and keep them with the engine. That will get you extra parts for later.

Basiclly take fan to flexplate, throttle body to cats, intake to oil pan. When you remove something (like throttle cable) remove it from the body/frame and keep it. It is so much easier to toss extra parts later then it is to track them down.

Figure what you plan to use, then grab the next layer out from there. Too much is better then not enough.

spatacuulous

Loc.
philadelphia
Keep absolutely everthing you can get your grimey little paws on. There is no use finding a little O2 sensor, or bolt later on if you have it. Just strip off what you dont want or need and throw it in a box. Little things like that ALWAYS come in handy. Good luck buddy!

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
The intake is too tall. The rest of the system will work fine. Its not what the 89-93 Mustang guys would recommend. There is nothing wrong with a batch firing setup. They worked fine in trucks for years. If the setup is left stock, you will be very happy with the conversion.