• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help with original 75 Ranger stripes

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'm needing pics or measurements showing the original factory stripes on a 75 Ranger.
Mine is in the paint shop and we decided to mask and paint the stripes instead of buying tape stripes, but don't have a source to know how to duplicate them.
Trying to figure out how wide they were, how they were spaced, and how the ends were shaped.
This is the one that followed along the bottom of the fenders and rocker panel, and a separate one around the bump in the hood.
Can anyone help out?
thanks

Trey Taylor

Ranger stirpes

This was my 75 Ranger. Hope this will help

Attachments

• DSCN1056.jpg
    DSCN1056.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN1053.jpg
    DSCN1053.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1150.jpg
    DSCN1150.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Thanks Trey, that helps and my paint guy can probably work off of those if nothing else comes along, I'm still holding out for some nice closeups or measurements because he's asking for it.
BTW these pics remind me of a Bronco I saw in Midland,Tx that came from tennessee..
Thanks again

RangerRob

Someone on this site makes and sells the stripe kits. I can't remember who at the moment, but that would be the best thing for you.

I have a ranger with the factory stripes intact. PM me if you need any close up shots.

Good luck!

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless he is real good the strips want turn out, I looked at several that had been painted but none looked right, at the time I couldnt find anyone that made the strip kit and just before I painted I located Drew, he does the exact replicas, I highly recommend him. The kit is not cheap but if you are having a paint job done its worth every penny if you want your Bronco to look as though it rolled off the showroom floor. Here is his email, just address it as Ranger strip kit: ezcoyote@comcast.net
Drew is the guy that you want to talk to, Broncitis is his handle on here. He has some good pics of his 77 that he is selling in the classified section. Here is a pic of my Ranger

Attachments

• bronco pics 020.jpg
    bronco pics 020.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 111

Broncitis

MEB Founder
We have the Ranger stripe kits in stock.

As was mentioned, I have never seen a painted set that looked right, which is why we spent the time and money to make these for our '77 Ranger.

These are exact reproduction of the factory Wimbledon white decals and have the orange pinstripes screen printed on in a UV and fuel resistant ink. The large format screen printing is the main reason the cost of these is more than the 76-77 Special Decor stripes which we also make.

If interested, please contact my dad (Don) at ezcoyote@comcast.net

I'm sure you will not be dissapointed and will find that the cost is likely less than custom painting let alone the end result will be more authentic and crisp.

OP
OP
Wyflyer

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Thanks ranger I'd appreciate close-up pics. I had the bronchitis website at one time but the link didn't work for me recently. I have built custom steel rear flares, so factory stripes wont work for my bronco. Thanks for the offers and input but I've got to go the paint route

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I had the bronchitis website at one time but the link didn't work for me recently.

The old free hosting we have had for that site for 10+ years finally tanked. :(

We will be working on a new site with a couple pages of pics and descriptions soon.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
There's a guy who brings a really nice Ranger to Fab Fords every year, and he had the stripes painted on some time ago.

They actually look pretty good, and I seem to remember that there's clearcoat over everything, but when I asked him about them he told me that the body shop spent eight hours just masking off for the stripes in order to make them look right.

Not sure if your body guy has given you an estimate, but depending on what his labor rate is, it might be cheaper to get the stripe decal kit, then just have him paint the fender flares sections.

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
We have the Ranger stripe kits in stock.

As was mentioned, I have never seen a painted set that looked right, which is why we spent the time and money to make these for our '77 Ranger.

These are exact reproduction of the factory Wimbledon white decals and have the orange pinstripes screen printed on in a UV and fuel resistant ink. The large format screen printing is the main reason the cost of these is more than the 76-77 Special Decor stripes which we also make.

If interested, please contact my dad (Don) at ezcoyote@comcast.net

I'm sure you will not be dissapointed and will find that the cost is likely less than custom painting let alone the end result will be more authentic and crisp.

I was recently told that you guys also had the stickers "reversed" to be used as a one time use stencil / template for those that want to paint them on.

Is this correct ?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I was recently told that you guys also had the stickers "reversed" to be used as a one time use stencil / template for those that want to paint them on.

Is this correct ?

No, we did not get another site set up yet. Someday...

We could make them reversed for paint stencils, but the cost would still be fairly significant for Ranger stripes since they are so large and would need two stencils to get the white and orange pinstripe.

Stencils for the Special Decor stripe or the Explorer strip (to be released very soon) would be a bit simpler.