• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need location for hard top stake bolt holes in the corner posts 76 Bronco

Bradmis

I have a brand new tub from Rust Belt broncos that didn't come with the mounting holes for the rear hard top stakes drilled. I'm installing a used to on a new body and really want to fix the two rear corners of the top in the proper position. I then need to drill the mounting holes in the quarter panels for the hard top. Squaring the top to the body without being able to locate the rear corners is proving difficult. I asked Rust belt if they had a template and was told to mount the stakes on the top and then put it on the truck, mark and drill. That makes no sense since the stakes are inside the corner post so there is no way to mark and drill. It looks like the stakes should be flush to the inside corner of the cavity on each corner post but measuring and drilling 3 holes in the blind seems way harder than it should be. Does anyone have a diagram or a print that shows size and location for these holes.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey there. I’m sure someone will pipe up fairly soon with some measurements. Should be pretty easy to get.
I won’t give you mine because as a 68, I think they are in different locations than your 76. At least the stakes are different between the two tops. I’m not sure if that equates to the holes, but better safe than sorry.
so someone with a 71 or later hardtop should be the best ones to measure.

Big Slim

dang. i see broncograveyard only has one option for these stakes. i wonder if that is why mine do not seem to line up right. id get some measurements but not sure what combo i have now.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well maybe their one-option version is made to fit all years? It might be that the holes are exactly the same for all years. But I know that early and late stakes were formed in a slightly different shape, with the later years seeming more substantially built. Perhaps it was just a simple running change but Ford left all the holes in the same locations.

Paul