• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need some help on a wiper switch

PearlRiver77

I have a Centech wiring harness from 1997, not the best switches and as I noted in an ealier post, Centech is absolutly no help...

Ordered replacement switches from Wild Horses, for the ignition, wiper and headlights. Got them in, no wiring diagram and I need to convert into the Centech harness....After a lot of ohm checks, I think I have the 12v supply and the hi speed and lo speed figured, but when I press the switch on for wash, cant find the "make" contact.

After asking Wildhorses for some help, all the sent me was a wiring schematic for the overall systen, no details on the "clocking" of the contacts, what goes to what.

I am taking one switch at a tiime to convert into the Centech system. Any help will be great....if you have any connection diagrams for the wiper switch I would appreciate it....

Thanks

chuckyb

Contributor
I am not sure if the Centech wire colors changed over time, mine is newer. My experience is that the Centech wiper motor wire colors were the same as stock so a stock diagram should work. (Red - return, power to motor to return wipers to park, Blue - high speed, black - return power to park wipers, White- low speed, orange - wiper on power). The Centech washer wire is purple.

Last edited:

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
Here’s the painless diagram for the wiper switch, it might help a little bit even though it’s not centechs.
Forrest

Attachments

• F45850D3-5BC9-440E-880B-EC12055360A5.jpg
    F45850D3-5BC9-440E-880B-EC12055360A5.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 39