• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need source for wiper arm conversion rivets

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I've read many treads about the Cherokee wiper arm conversion, but none reveal where new SS rivets can be purchased. They all do explain that the arms need to be shortened and how to do it. Most just say they replaced the rivet with a new SS one. These aren't available at Ace Hardware. A small screw could be used but wouldn't look right.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I've read many treads about the Cherokee wiper arm conversion, but none reveal where new SS rivets can be purchased. They all do explain that the arms need to be shortened and how to do it. Most just say they replaced the rivet with a new SS one. These aren't available at Ace Hardware. A small screw could be used but wouldn't look right.

I just used a single steel rivet when I did my first pair back in the '90s. One finally rusted enough to break just last year. My new pair has 2 steel rivets each.

OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The Amazon listing above, is for pop-rivets. The ones I'm looking for are tubular rivets. They are SS and solid from the oval head trough the shank, with hollow end that is mushroomed out. I think the shortened wiper arm should look like it was manufactured at the length I need it to be. Some sellers on Amazon sell as few as 70 in one sale. I only need 2. The big suppliers like Fastenal sell in much larger quantities. I'll be able to share plenty, If I buy 70.