• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Needle Grease Gun Fitting?

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
I'm sure this is a really common fitting, but I'm having a real difficult time finding it. What I need is the needle fitting for a grease gun that you use on the concave dish shaped fittings on u-joints. I have a good idea of what it should look like, but I'm not totally sure. If one of you guys could link to a pic of one or even better, link to someplace selling one cheap, that'd be cool.

Thanks!

Oh yeah-I tried my local parts houses, and I must have gotten my run of idiots because no one could point one out or knew what I was talking about.

OP
OP
mlogan24

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys-it actually looks like the one Skuzzlebutt linked to is the one I need. The other one is really sharp like a hypo needle. Apearantly those are for piercing rubber seals and lubing.

Thanks again!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Yep the one Jeepster posted won't work. I couldn't find one like Skuzzlebutt posted locally so I bought the needle kind and tried to make it work. Poked myself a couple times before breaking the end off. Tried grinding the end flat and it still wouldn't work. I needed to grease my CTMs yesterday so I resorted to replacing each of the fittings (4 per joint on the CTMS!) with a regular zerk fitting and greasing them one by one.

I need to try a Napa in a bigger town I suppose.

Dusty

OP
OP
mlogan24

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
Huh, I thought I was the only one having a hard time finding them. Glad to know I'm not alone. ;) Well, for anyone that needs one, I actually found a place that seems to be the cheapest-Sears!-

Check it out-

Sear's Needle Nozzle

Hope that helps :)

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Jeepster said:
On that 2nd type of needle, how is that used? Do you push the end into the check ball on a zerk then pump grease?

It seats into the inverted fitting but the hole in the tip is a little larger than the check ball. Well, most of them are that way but there are some that come to a finer point. By "finer" I mean a smaller diameter cone tip, not the sharp bevel of the hypo styled ones. The finer pointed ones are harder to find but more versatile.
I haven't seen any style tho that will reach to center piece of an assembled CV joint.

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Check Ebay. There is a guy that sells them all the time there. I thin I only paid like $15 delivered to my door. I don't remember who he was though. A short search and you should be able to find one of his auctions.

Case

if you live where it snows, try a plow shop, i use one of those needle injector things to grease my plow in the winter.