• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Never seen hood scoops like the ones on my '70!

70injectedbronc

Loc.
Coeur d'alene
Hoping someone can help me find out the history on these scoops. The bronco is still sporting it's factory paint and these hood scoops look stock but I've never seen them on another bronco. New to the forums so thought I'd see if I can find anything out. This is my 3rd early bronco. The first being a 66 and a 68. I uploaded a few pics of the bronco up, so hopefully they are accessible.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to the best early BRONCO site on the web!! and I can't see the pic's try putting some in your gallery;)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome too injectedbronc. If you tried uploading them directly to your post, they won't show up unless you're a "contributor" ahead of time.
Like half cab said though, you can put them in your personal gallery, or upload them to a free hosting site and then uploading the link to your post.

To my knowledge there was never any kind of a factory scoop for an EB. Dealer installed? Maybe. But factory, probably not.

Good luck. Look forward to seeing what you got.

Paul

OP
OP
70injectedbronc

70injectedbronc

Loc.
Coeur d'alene
Scoops

I put 3 pics of it on here but who knows where they went. Haha. I will get this forum stuff figured out eventually. I will look into it more. Yeah the scoops are sweet lookin. I'm gueesing maybe an option to the dealer or something because it definitely looks stock. Hopefully put plenty of pics on soon.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I shot one of your pic's over here for ya and like Dirt Donk said as far as I know Ford never put these or any kind of scoops on from the factory.I'd say x2 on what HoldMyPocket said.I have seen some aftermarket ones that were more curved like the old GTO hood tack.

hc

ps thats one sharp half cab:cool:;D

Attachments

• IMAG0088-1.jpg
    IMAG0088-1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 234

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
There was some discussion about similar scoops a couple of issues ago in Bronco Driver Magazine. They were pictured in an LMC truck ad IIRC. Seems JC Whitney used to make some universal ones. Are they fiberglass or steel? LMC has had a lot of interest in them and is considering making some. I like them.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
There was some discussion about similar scoops a couple of issues ago in Bronco Driver Magazine. They were pictured in an LMC truck ad IIRC. Seems JC Whitney used to make some universal ones. Are they fiberglass or steel? LMC has had a lot of interest in them and is considering making some. I like them.

I believe that was National Parts Depot That had that ad and is considering making them.%)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Thanks I have just now got on to some of the shortin'n stuff.:cool:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
:(
Ha...Ive been meaning to ask what this means for some time now. Guess the rest of my day freed up now! ;D

:(I hate to ask him;) He will rub these kinda things in where he knows more then me ...er ...or the world for that matter;D

JGZ

Here's something similar I've been working on.. JGZ

Attachments

• door panels 047.jpg
    door panels 047.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 65
  • door panels 049.jpg
    door panels 049.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 64

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
JGZ....NICE work there for sure! When will they be on the market?;)

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
We discussed the scoops ten years back, and it's been mulled over and over they were aftermarket, we found some in the marine catalogs, some were even stainless steel;D The one we were after looked like a mini Prostock like below.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/.../Harwood-Fiberglass-Hood-Scoops/?autoview=SKU

When they made up the proto pictures for the t-shirt for SOB ?? Cheney had a picture of an EB with them on and so everyone wanted to find out where they came from and so the first great hood scoop debate started. We again came up with it was an long extinct aftermarket vendor. Hope you guys find some solutions, home made like the ones posted look great and hope they hit the market, for all our sake....Mo in Clovis, Ca

Broncobowsher

Total hack
They are not factory (if you didn't catch that by now). Also they are facing the wrong direction. The airflow at that point of the hood is actually back to front due to the windshield.