• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Driver poll

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Just added a new poll about whether Ford should re-introduce the Bronco again. Would you buy it if they did? What niche in the market should it go after?

http://classicbroncos.com/mag-polls.shtml

With all the recent "retro" designs like the T-bird, GT40 and new Mustang, do you think the look should take it's cues from the 66-77 Bronco or go in a totally different direction?

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
I would like to see one but I wouldn't buy it. I already have one that is stronger, more durable, and has more character than anything they could produce.

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
I personally think the first ones were the best ones and anything else would just be a watered down version of them.

Ford would never reintroduce a product which has caused them so many lawsuits that profits equalled losses from litigation.

Do you think they should reintroduce the Pinto?

JMHO. :p

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
If they made it similar to the 66-77's body style wise with new axels and stuff we may be able to sway some of the evil heep owners to Ford though!

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
Maybe if it was a two door version of the Explorer Sportsman concept with some slight modifications.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I am old enough to remember when Ford realized they wanted the small Bronco back and their answer was the Bronco II. Now that was a real looser. Ford doesnt remember how to make cars for the purest only for the masses of which they do fairly well. Let the old dogs lie to rust in peace. Us purests will take care of them untill they pass. What Ford needs to do is make a RAV/CRV type for $15,000 that is what the masses want. Great Grand pappy did it with the T so Ford should get back to work and do it again or close their doors. No one in my circle of friends can even afford a new Ford its a choice of a house payment or a new car. If Ford figures it cant do it because of current legislation eating profits so much maybe it should have put up the good fight and told the government to screw off instead of bending over to their terms. I have no love for the automakers its a buisness and its about time they learn to lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

72BlueBronco

I would like to see one. I would buy it if, I was real close to the old body style, straight axles, removable hard top, flip down front windsheild maybe even a roadster style and was able to be modified. ie. lifted, supenstion etc.
It would also have to be the same size as the EB, two door, short wheel base.

It would be nice to have an old EB with all the moderen amenities! for daily driving and off-roading

Nuke

I now nothing of Jeeps personally, but from reading Jeep enthusists opinions on the newer Jeeps compared to the older, there is not unamimous view on which is better. I don't see why ford can't do the same. The current mustang is much better then the earlier ones, but maybe not all. The next one is suppose to be great.

Jeep has a monopoly on the convertable SUV market. Geo Trackers and Suzuki Samaris tried to invade it unsucessfully partly because they were cars and not trucks. I don't see how other auto makers let Jeep get away with it. In fact, that is why the EB and Scout came out--to compete with the YJ.

That being said, why did ford go the Big Bronco and get rid of the small platform altogether? I've heard it was to compete with Chevy and the K5. Why did they ever get rid of the Big Bronco? To much of a real SUV and not enough of a minivan like an Exepedition? Finally, Gordy, what litigation are you talking about? For the BII or the EB?

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
Both of them, if I remember correctly. I think it all started when Ralph Nader went after the Chevy Corvair back in the 60's. With the possible exception of the Big Bronco, Broncos have pretty much been on his 'Death Can' list until their demise. The problem, IIRC, was a high incedence of rollover fatalaties leading to many lawsuits against Ford Motor Company. A Ford spokesman (I saw this on TV) stated at the time that Ford was discontinuing the Bronco altogether, that the main reason was lack of profitability due to litigation losses.

I'm trying to remember the dim past with an old brain, so please excuse me if all the details aren't in order. :-[

Nuke

I really dispise Ralph Nader--refer to my name if you wonder why.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The rollover lawsuits were the Bronco II's. I don't remember seeing anything about rollovers with the early Broncos.

74ranger

Loc.
wilkeson, washington
if Ford released a new "bronco" it would probably come out on a tribute or escape type chassis. independent suspension, a measly four or six cylinder, and too many electronics. would not be worth the money they would ask. just my thoughts 8)

boatbldr

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Although I think it would be cool to see a new Bronco using the EB's desiging cues, I'm afraid that they would have to market it to the masses and basically come up with a modified Explorer to make it sell by the millions. I wouldn't buy one just for that reason, everyone and their dog would have one and they would lose their uniqueness. I enjoy having vehicles that aren't a dime a dozen... check sig line!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
You cant go back to high school and Ford will never build the Classic Bronco again.

vermonster

Loc.
Vermont
Well, they appear to have gotten the retro-cool thing right with the Thunderbird. All the style of the original with all of the modern conveniences. And the Mustang DOES seem to have finally reclaimed its glory days. If they could do a simillar reintroduction with the Bronco I would consider actually buying one.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Whatever came out would be a far cry from what we all have known. It would most likely be a something, rebadged as a bronco.

snake

doc_74

Loc.
Gonzales , Louisiana
I would like to see a new bronco just to see what ford would build, but I wouldn't buy one. As soon as I can I plan on buying one for a daily driver and just puting everything I want in it or on it and just update it every so many years.

Nuke

What I would invision would be something indirect competition with a TJ. Based on the Explorer Sport Platform. 4x4 and V8 stadard on all but the base model. Fully removable top. Go back and use a Dana 44 front axle (they still make them right?). Base price $20, fully loaded $28.

Why not?