• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was going to say, jeep rear door, jeep door handles, jeep mirrors....

I'm cool with that, how many ways can you make a simple design simple? Would think it cooler if they retro did the original EB door handles though.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Thanks Elan....thats what I was talking about....a lot of people may not know what these are....LOL

Looks like the tires stick out past the body a good ways. You would have to put really small skinny tires or even narrow the rear end to get the LUBR look with fender skirts.

Even the spy shots with the smaller base model tires look like they stick out a bit.

2021-bronco-clearance-v2-png.5147

elan

Loc.
s
If those pix are the final product then the new Bronco will end up just like the new Jeep Gladiator, discounted greatly off of the MSRP after six months.
What happened to this design from fifteen years ago????
Ford seems to be clueless.

Last edited:

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
If those pix are the final product then the new Bronco will end up just like the new Jeep Gladiator, discounted greatly off of the MSRP after six months.

I was not a big fan of that design!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gnsteam

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Ford seems to be clueless.

I kind of agree. Based off of the pictures we have seen so far, I’m not all that impressed. I definitely will not be giving up my 76 for the new Bronco.

I have been waiting (which seems like forever) for the release of the new Bronco. I’m with in 5 years of retirement, so I’m looking to purchase something brand new to hold onto for a long time. I also need it to fill three roles. Daily driver, overland adventurer and tow rig behind a class c RV. So far the Toyota Tacoma is still my first choice. So the spec. sheet and performance of the new Bronco had better be more impressive than its looks to sell me.

Of coarse, once the planned up grades to the 76 are completed. It would fill all three of my needs as well and in classic style.;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I still think y'all will be pleasantly surprised. Sure it has some of the same shape as a jeep - both are designed for off road and will have similarities. But when you see one in person I think anyone familiar with early Broncos will not mistake it for a jeep. I will not be giving up my early Broncos for a new Bronco either, however for a modern daily driver with off-road credibility I want one! ;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Where did this come from?

Did any of the rest of y'all ever for one minute consider selling your eb to get a new Bronco?

That just seems like an odd idea....

Did y'all think it would be "that good"?

I have always considered the new Bronco to be a really cool, stylized but not perfectly functional off roader.
My '96 was no rock crawler without "heavy modifications".
So not sure what y'all were expecting....but so far what I see is pretty much what I was expecting.
The fact that there are a number of different models is good news too. It will be more profitable for Ford which is good for us too.

I am awaiting the half cab.
I need a bed.

If they make the 2.7 EcoBoost optional (latest news is yes) and it has a bed too then I am there ready to trade in my truck (2012 F250) or my wife's car (2018 Sonata), but I never considered letting my eb go to get one.
Never.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I would consider selling the EB to get a new one. But NEVER before seeing the new one first.

Not an odd idea for me. Many reasons:
-I'm on my 4th Bronco since 1977
-I register and insure 6 vehicles now and don't want a 7th
-Just expanded my garage to a 5 car and I'm done expanding
-My EB is getting too valuable to thrash and have fun with
-I have much more fun on dirt bikes still than thrashing the Bronco (10 more years I'll be 69 and then maybe it will be time to get serious about 4 wheels in the dirt again

Main reason to not consider: I don't trust Ford to make a quality product

FordFarmer

Contributor
Never considered selling the old one to get a new one but I am in the market for something similar to the new Bronco. Based on the images in this thread I would have been a buyer if it wasn't for those fender flares. The flat flares are just too "Jeep" for me. I can totally see (especially if they are easily removed) how they could benefit those of you that wheel 'em hard or anyone who plans on bigger tires and/or a lift. It just doesn't look good to me. That being said I hope they sell the crap out of 'em and some of our vendors can get involved in the aftermarket. Maybe even produce a set of "acceptable" flares.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Never considered selling the old one to get a new one but I am in the market for something similar to the new Bronco. Based on the images in this thread I would have been a buyer if it wasn't for those fender flares. The flat flares are just too "Jeep" for me. I can totally see (especially if they are easily removed) how they could benefit those of you that wheel 'em hard or anyone who plans on bigger tires and/or a lift. It just doesn't look good to me. That being said I hope they sell the crap out of 'em and some of our vendors can get involved in the aftermarket. Maybe even produce a set of "acceptable" flares.

I bet a few of our favorite vendors have flares waiting to hit the market as soon as they are allowed.

I too would like a new Bronco but I need a bed. I truly hope they produce a half-cab......although that would dig into Ranger sales, right?
Don't want a Ranger though....
I bet our vendors will make a half cab if Ford doesn't.
A boy can Dream can't he?

FordFarmer

Contributor
I bet a few of our favorite vendors have flares waiting to hit the market as soon as they are allowed.

I too would like a new Bronco but I need a bed. I truly hope they produce a half-cab......although that would dig into Ranger sales, right?

I've gone back and forth on the need for a bed too. I almost bought a new F-150 a couple years ago but had a hard time swallowing the price for the few times a year I need a bed. I settled on using a utility trailer and I've been pretty happy with it. I also have a couple of kids so a true half cab wouldn't work for me. But a new four door Bronco with a bed and a good looking set of flares from one of our vendors?....yup, a guy can dream.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

I've gone back and forth on the need for a bed too. I almost bought a new F-150 a couple years ago but had a hard time swallowing the price for the few times a year I need a bed. I settled on using a utility trailer and I've been pretty happy with it. I also have a couple of kids so a true half cab wouldn't work for me. But a new four door Bronco with a bed and a good looking set of flares from one of our vendors?....yup, a guy can dream.

Interesting on needing a bed. I got tired of waiting to trade in my Rubicon on the new Bronco and traded it in on a low mileage used Raptor about a month ago. I'm loving it. Honestly, I'm now questioning my need for a new Bronco. Sure I still want one, but not sure I will be wanting to trade in the Raptor! Having a truck bed is nice, even the short 5 1/2 foot one on the Raptor. Not a bad dilemma to have though! ;D

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Interesting on needing a bed. I got tired of waiting to trade in my Rubicon on the new Bronco and traded it in on a low mileage used Raptor about a month ago. I'm loving it. Honestly, I'm now questioning my need for a new Bronco. Sure I still want one, but not sure I will be wanting to trade in the Raptor! Having a truck bed is nice, even the short 5 1/2 foot one on the Raptor. Not a bad dilemma to have though! ;D
I'll keep my 73 Bronco, my 13 Raptor and I'll park a new Bronco beside them. I'll have my cake and eat it too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mine's a Gen 2 2018. 3.5 L V6 EcoBoost. 450 hp. 10 spd tranny. ;D

BUT it does not sound as good as daddy's!! :(