• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I had one too as my first car. Had a 4" lift and some 33's. Looked a lot like this one. Fun until it died at about 125,000 miles.

Me too. 1986 Bronco2 I bought myself in High School back in 1989. Then made a ton of runs into the Fayetteville Airport picking up buddies for gas and beer money when I was in the Army

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1585110817989.jpg
    FB_IMG_1585110817989.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 80

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looks like 2021 f150 grill face

2019-ford-f-150-limited.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
We bought one (87? it had the newer style grille) for our daughter as her first car. She loved it. I tried to use it as a daily driver when she went off to college. But I started having trouble keeping it running right and sold it.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I bought a '84 new. Two tone red n brown. Put a set of P-Buckshot murders on it and it went pretty much anywhere I wanted to go as far as hunting was concerned. Horse power was down especially after adding the Ps.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Had an 85 BII. Towed my Jon boat all over the place. Didn't have power but got 25+mpg. Sold it when putting two car seats in the back and getting little kidos out was an issue. Had about 150K miles on it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Had a couple...this one with a GT 302

Attachments

• b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 101
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 91
  • bii.jpg
    bii.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 112

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
it was!! like an ATV...just point and stomp the gas!

Lawndart

Loc.
I had a Bronco II a few years back. It was in great shape exterior and interior wise. The motor was a problem. It had the 2.9l tick that I could not render without tearing it apart. Was not worth the time to me. I gave it to a friend. He tried and failed as well. He went to the junk yard to get some part and the young counter kid referred to it as a Bronco Eleven!!! That is what we call them now.
30795630600_a2b773e369_c.jpg

Jaxgtc

I had a Bronco II a few years back. It was in great shape exterior and interior wise. The motor was a problem. It had the 2.9l tick that I could not render without tearing it apart. Was not worth the time to me. I gave it to a friend. He tried and failed as well. He went to the junk yard to get some part and the young counter kid referred to it as a Bronco Eleven!!! That is what we call them now.
30795630600_a2b773e369_c.jpg

I love that look. The mirrors and the swing away tire carrier were classic.

Those are the shape wheel openings that the 2021 should have had.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bronco Eleven! That's a classic. I can see it of course, so can't get too mad at the kid for not reading Latin, but hey, it's still a good laugh.
Made me immediately think of the old Top Gear crew who used to call the double skid marks of a limited-slip "laying elevens" or some form of eleven. Cracked me up when they said it.
Just like when they called cop cars on a call "Blues & Two's" referencing the blue lights and the 2-tone sirens.

Not sure many BII's could lay "elevens" down though... Except for tasker's of course!

Paul

Lawndart

Loc.
I did not like the hatch-back liftgate.
A decent engine, a removable top and it would have been much much better.
There was one of these Bronco Eleven conversions on eBay a while back with the top cut off. It was quite tempting. However the last thing I need is another fair weather vehicle.

Laying elevens - who knew!! ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Bronco 11 ha Like it. too bad about the motor