• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Towing Capacity

stefanpg

Has anyone found the towing specs for the 2021 Bronco? I'd really like to get one but I need something that can tow my '68 Bronco.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
All we found was 3500. High CG, short wheelbase, soft suspension. Sounds about right. I believe Wrangler is 2000/3500 or 3500/5000 depending on wheelbase. Gladiator (even longer and wider with a truck suspension (stolen from the ram 1500)) can tickle 7,000 depending on grade.

What is surprising so far is there is the same rating in both wheelbases. But still waiting for all the numbers to be published. They are not telling us everything yet.

OP
OP
S

stefanpg

Thanks, I am hoping there is a tow package that can up that to 5000 or so, since 3500 is right at the early bronco weight without trailer.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would not want 3500lbs behind my 2 door, has the power, way to short. I've hauled 1800lbs no issue

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Thanks, I am hoping there is a tow package that can up that to 5000 or so, since 3500 is right at the early bronco weight without trailer.

Wait and see. Not everything has been released yet. A lot of info is via leaked channels and not official specifications yet.

BUCKWILD

Loc.
Butte county
most likley 3500 due to a dana 44 in the rear that is about all it will handle. and the suspension is not built to tow

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The advertised tow capacity isn't the info you need. That's for suckers.
What you need is the load capacity.
Your trailer needs 10% to 15 % of the load to be tongue weight. The more the better.
If you're towing a 3500 pound car on a 2000 pound trailer, you're looking at 5500 pounds. That calculates out to 550 to 825 pounds of tongue weight.
Subtract that from the vehicle capacity. That's on the yellow tag on the driver side door jamb.
Bottom line is, if you put two or three adults in the Bronco, you're way over the vehicle capacity.

edgeoffroad04

I'm happy I am not the only one is this situation too. Really like the new Bronco design and platform. but I would like to at least dolly my '73 behind the 4-door Bronco. Hoping Ford releases a "max tow" option and bumps it up to 4 to 5k. We shall see!

chuck1022

Dodge cummins 2500

28ft gooseneck trailer

Tow EB and NB easily

I solved all problems for an additional $80k

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Dodge cummins 2500

28ft gooseneck trailer

Tow EB and NB easily

I solved all problems for an additional $80k

Ha! Now in retirement, we are thinking of solving all our problems with a new 1 ton and fifth wheel toy hauler ;D

But towing with a new Bronco sounds like death waiting to happen to me.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The advertised tow capacity isn't the info you need. That's for suckers.
What you need is the load capacity.
Your trailer needs 10% to 15 % of the load to be tongue weight. The more the better.
If you're towing a 3500 pound car on a 2000 pound trailer, you're looking at 5500 pounds. That calculates out to 550 to 825 pounds of tongue weight.
Subtract that from the vehicle capacity. That's on the yellow tag on the driver side door jamb.
Bottom line is, if you put two or three adults in the Bronco, you're way over the vehicle capacity.

yes most definitely... got to stay safe w/that kind of stuff Don't push it

chuck1022

Ha! Now in retirement, we are thinking of solving all our problems with a new 1 ton and fifth wheel toy hauler ;D

But towing with a new Bronco sounds like death waiting to happen to me.

Which toy hauler can hold a 4000lb bronco

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Which toy hauler can hold a 4000lb bronco

Even though some of the popular sticks-n-staples manufacturers will tell you that you can, when you get it home and decide to weigh it loaded up and figure out they lied to you:mad::mad:

however there are many enclosed trailer builders that have some really nice stuff out there that is more than capable. ;)

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
if i towed 3500 with the 2003 jeep i had i was overrated. the suspension did not like any weight.