• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New C4

brewchief

So basically you're having your C4 rebuilt and getting a converter for $900. Ouch.

Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, I had over $800 in a converter alone, good parts aren't cheap and cheap parts aren't good.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me, I had over $800 in a converter alone, good parts aren't cheap and cheap parts aren't good.

True but that sounds a completely stock rebuild with a stock converter.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Be careful of hi-priced hi po c4s without listing the mods, for a good idea on what you can do with a C4 there is a section on fordmuscle.com One very important thing is you gotta flush your trans cooler lines and trans cooler,
C4s will act up if theres ANYTHING(dust,dirty oil)in or near the valvebody.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If'n I decide to do my own, can this thing sit for 6-9 months before it's installed? I don't see a problem since store bought rebuilds probably sit in a wherehouse for longer than that.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Just seal it all up so dirt and moisure can't get in and keep it in a cool, dry place.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Hey I once saw a kit awhile ago that dropped third gear from 1 to i think it was like .88. anyone ever heard of this? Just woundering, I dont have the money to put a 4 speed trans in there but when i bought my bronco the guy had redone the front and rear diffs and put arb 4.87 in it when he did his locker. now with that and 35's i'm crusin about 2800 at 65. Any thought on anything else I can do.

You can put some 37's on there.;)

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
cool, dry place

I can only comply with the dry part...

Phoenix.

I suppose I could tell the women she should get used to it as our new coffee table...

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Stand it up on the bellhousing, put a light on the tailshaft and call it a lamp. A small tupperware bowl will fit under the bell to catch any drippings from the clutches.